Model A1181: 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.13, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Removal of just the keyboard not the whole top case?

I need a teardown guide on how to just replace the actual keyboard..I didnt buy the whole top case. I went on ebay and got a replacement keyboard for a whole lot cheaper since my keys are sticking.

Url for the item i bought..http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-NEW-Apple-M...

rdk is correct, I have that machine and you would have to replace the whole top case. If anyone is selling you just the keyboard it's either the wrong machine or a hoax cause it's nearly impossible to just take the keyboard out of the topcase. I have the MacBook 5,1 and all a1181 topcases are compatible. I can tell you from personal experience.

LOL, I wouldn't purchase that if I were u. It's impossible to install that onto the topcase. I had a bent topcase after an accident and i replaced my topcase for fifty bucks and it's the new one with full I-Tunes controls. U can find the whole topcase on ebay. please do yourself a favor and don't purchase that. You're setting yourserlf up for disappointment.

Even if that is technically the keyboard that goes inside an A1181 topcase, you're not going to be able to install it without completely destroying the topcase. Like Mayer mentioned, the topcase is basically melted together in dozens of places, and taking it apart would make it unusable.

Any A1181 topcase will work on any A1181. I have about 200 or so various A1181 topcases, and I've never had a problem with any of them working on any of at least 100 A1181 MacBooks I've come across over the last year. Of course, there's a first for everything, and a surprise around every corner, but so far this rule has held true.

You mean the link to the iFixit guide. That's great news on the keyboards. You get yet another up vote from me. You might sell a couple of those boards on eBay, I know someone that would bid on them.

Thanks Mayer! I'd sell them, but most are cracked or otherwise have minor issues, and people tend to get annoyed when topcases aren't absolutely perfect, so I just keep them for parts and try to refurb them as needed.

Edited to reflect rj713 deleting the link.

Great answer rdk. I just followed the link he provided and it's almost comical to see that they have the keyboard for sale in that state. You have to have some nice machinery to make that happen. I advised him not to purchase that. One vote up for the accurate response.

I have a MacBook keyboard in hand EMC 2242 2.4 Ghz that I replaced. The keyboard is riveted in place with melted plastic. There's no way you could just put a keyboard in without totally destroying it. I pretty sure this is the unibody model. I looked up the A1181 keyboard and there are seven different models. http://www.ifixit.com/Mac-Parts/MacBook-... To tell you anything better I need the EMC number of your MacBook

Go here: http://www.weloveMacs.com/applekeyboard....

This is a keyboard wizard that will help identify what you need.

Justin Nguyen will be eternally grateful.