GE Microwave Oven

Repair and disassembly guides for GE Microwave ovens.

Door will not open after pushing door button

Microwave door will not open after pushing door button

The standard answer on repairing microwaves is "just say no". These are one of the very few items that almost all of us will not attempt a repair on. They can kill you. They are cheap, easy to replace. Or you can take it to a pro and hope he doesn't get killed.

I stay away from door repairs especially as a misalignment can allow microwaves past the door and blind you. +

by rj713

if the button won't push in to open the microwave door, one of the little ears that holds the button in place has broke off and is keeping the button fron being depress. Find someone who works on appliances remove the cabinet cover, remove the door release latch, pop out the button and remove the broke ear, pop the button back in, replace the latch, reinstall the cabinet cover and your good to go.

According to GE when I called there are no replacement parts available for the WES1452SP1SS models. Your only choice is to buy a new microwave. Mine failed after 13 months use - great design huh?

Did you get it at Walmart? Often times, a W in front of the model means that the manufacturer has dumbed down the design to meet Walmart's price point....ie: cheap.

by michellekinpa

Do you mean I can't fix the plastic spring latch myself? does it have to be taken to a shop.I might as well buy a new one, it would be cheaper than htere prices

russrnus, this question and the answers are already a bit old. It would be best if you ask you own question. Give your model number and describe what is not working. You may get a better answer. Use this link to ask a question http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/Ask/GE+Mic...

by oldturkey03

anyone know where I can get a WB3K5308 or 06 microwave door release button?

buddy will be eternally grateful.