MacBook Pro

Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Why no lights?

No, Apple logo light, No keyboard light and no display light. Can anybody help

I can see the apple logo very faintly on the screen. Tried a reset and no luck.

by brian

It sounds like it is booting, but cant see anything on the display. The power on LED is the only light.

by brian

Have you tried an external monitor? If you have video with the external monitor the likely problem is the LCD cable or the LCD itself. If you don't then you may have a logic board problem. Ralph

Does the computer boot at all or are you totally dead?

I cant see anything on the display. I wouldnt think the LCD monitor cable would have anything to do with the keyboard backlight, but I could be wrong.

Could still be a bad battery, or bad pram battery, you may want to try resetting your SMU. and it may not be a bad logic board, could just be bad dc-in

brian will be eternally grateful.