Complete disassembly and installation guides for most recent Mac laptops and consumer desktops.

MacBook Pro Ripped in Half

My ex decided he didn't like macs, and so ripped mine in half. The glass covering for the LCD is shattered, the back panel is bent beyond repair, the screen panel was literally ripped from the rest of the comp.

I am wondering if it is even remotely possible to have the computer repaired. And what kinds of replacement parts would be required for something like this.

Or if I would be better off just saving up for new one.

I would seriously consider legal action to force him to buy you a new computer.

Please give us the last three figures of your serial number (found in the battery compartment of pre-unibody machines) so we can identify your machine and guide you to the correct parts.

I agree with rj about consulting an attorney and/or police concerning the felony of willful destruction of private property. It should at least be on record. Doing nothing risks your person the next time. Here's what the law says: http://law.onecle.com/michigan/750-michi...

You need to get a restraining order placed on him right away to keep away from you and you need to sue the !$% paints off of him for such an act.

Hopefully you have someone that witnessed this.

Sounds like its beyond repair. You should still be able to recover your hard disk and have it put into an external case so you can recover what was on it.

It may be possible to replace the entire display assembly, but if the main housing is severely damaged, the laptop would not be worth fixing. Could you post a picture of the damage?

ldpain44 will be eternally grateful.