Released April 2010 / 2.4, 2.53 GHz Core i5 or 2.66, 2.8 GHz Core i7 Processors

Can I use Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut

Can I use Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on my A1286?

I'm a little bit affraid of aluminium parts. Or heatsink doesn't have?

"Conductonaut is based on liquid metal and must not be used with coolers made out of aluminium! Contact with aluminium will result in a permanent damage of the cooling unit! Coolers with Direct Heat-pipe Touch may only be used if the base is made out of copper!"

Conductonaut Short Application Guide

I have never used that brand. It's certainly pricey, but I see no reason that it would work. Here's how to apply it:

How to Apply Thermal Paste

I not sure what that heat sink is made of. Let's back up here. Why are you replacing the thermal paste in the first place? This heat sink is liquid filled and known to develop leaks. That a good look at where it is crimped and see if you see any residue the or oily looking substance residue. As to the paste, if there is a question, don't do it. The Arctic costs about $5 per tube and works great.

I would stick with the non corrosive thermal pastes.

I have not found any of these designer conductive materials really any better than the standard Arctic Silver product. People often forget the whole cooling system needs to be looked at. If the fan is unable to cool the fins the best paste won't make any difference.

Think of it this way: Having a Maserati race car to drive to work won't leverage what it can offer as the roads are either clogged with traffic or the speed limit of the road limits you.

Good point! @mayer He maybe trying to solve the wrong issue here.

Csaba Mogyoró will be eternally grateful.