4

Botu Sun
49

strange sound after change SSD drive

Hey, I have replaced my MBP(2010 Mid model) typical hard drive with a brand new Intel SSD.

But, when I finished, and watch anime on bed, very strange sound come out from the bottom of my laptop.

I don't have any idea why this click-click sound come out. And this sound really bothers me.

Here's a sound record of this click-click sound, and I hope I can get some ideas from you.

Thanks.

http://anylinux.net/wp-content/uploads/2...

Edited by: Botu Sun ( )

I have that sound too, though not as often. I'm not too sure what it is exactly. What SSD do you have?

Jimmy Doan,

Hope you find the answer, but I really like the addition of the click's sound to help with troubleshooting! +

Collin MacGregor,

I also have that sound sometimes, I didn't replace the HHD. My MBP is now 1 year old, and that sound is there for 1 month now, first I thought it came from underneath the trackpad, but lately the sound comes also from the keyboard.

sandra,

It's really strange. It could be some harness cable dropping on some fan. Did you try to open it again?

bruno,

Did you try plugging something into the headphone jack just to make sure that the sound wasn't coming through the speakers?

cityzen,

4

ericliau
71

I think it is actually the hardware that makes the sound.

I have this strange sounds too

you can take a look at this:

http://www.6ixpassions.com/post/10955208...

it tell you how to fix it.

1

Heinz
13

Great answer and same piece as in the answer provided by ericliau

0

sandra
1

I had that sound since march, last week I replaced the dvd-writer, and since that time I didn't hear that sound anymore

0

William Horlacher
1

So glad I came across this. I have a mid 2012 with ssd and the optical drive replaced with a 1TB HDD - this sound only occurred when i rested my computer on my lap. The only thing that remotely made sense was the hdd was going bad or the sms was having a field day. I'm pulling mine apart tonight. Thanks!