Hybrid laptop/tablet manufactured by Microsoft. Released October 2015. Model 1703.

Yellow streak around edge of screen

The screen, when powered will display a long 4"dark yellow streak on the left side, a short streak on the top and right side. These streaks darken the longer the computer is on. I can press on the display and where my finger was will clear to normal but return to yellow quickly.

Most Helpful Answer

It is continuing to degrade, now on all 4 edges. The entire detachable has screen has slightly "curled". The stripes get larger and darker as the day progresses. So far i can still work with it. It really shows itself when the monitor is showing "gray scale". If i am watching a vid or a program that displays colors it is less annoying.

I have read somewhere that it may be a glue issue. At the end of each day, I place padding between the screen and keyboard and then used binder clips to apply pressure to reseat the glue. So far, no joy.

I had this 'issue' on a Surface 3 and a Surface Pro 3 (the latter has been sold). In both cases someone had applied a lot of pressure to the display from the front, I think someone sat on my Surface (don't ask how, no one admitted it anyway). It doesn't bother me but then your Surface Book cost 4-5 times more.

John Scott will be eternally grateful.