Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Touch issues after 7 plus screen install replacement

So I had this happen today with two installation attempts with two different phones and two different replacement screens. I'm putting a new screen on an iPhone 7 Plus and the screen tests fine prior to install, yet when it's fully inserted into the frame, the touch screen functionality goes erratic and is basically non-usable. The second screen I was dealing was SUPPOSED to be OEM quality (I'm having my doubts on that supplier) so I was really surprised to have any issues. I had the chance to tinker with that one a lot more than the first and the different was obvious, the screen is fully connected and everything installed on the back of it and it tests totally fine while it's outside of the frame. But as soon as it goes in all the way, it's worthless. Now, this guy, and the first, now that I think of it, had some rather significant bends in their frames that I couldn't straighten out completely. However, the original screens, once reinstalled, worked just fine so perhaps it's just an issue with some of the aftermarket screens being rather finicky. I should note that 3d touch was turned off.

Does anyone know if this is somehow to the installation of the new screens? At any rate, it's extremely frustrating only having an issue flare up once you're all the way through the repair.

Quick question, was your screen by any chance a white one?

Dude, you got bunk displays. And nobody has oem. You think Foxconn is gonna double cross apple? You think Chinese suppliers with "oem +++" parts got your back? The only thing they got is your wallet. See if you can get a refund. Then either buy from iFixit, or source reliable retailers, with a good warranty program. You get what you pay for

@theimedic "Touch Issues" ? Home button pairing?

@mayer whaaaaat?

having same issue with screen purchased form fixit.

@jacobcecilflip then hit up iFixit. They got an AMAZING warranty program. I would do email

http://help.ifixit.com/article/136-email...

100% of the time they handle their warranty. If it's on your end though, don't get upset

Javidzed is correct. Most issues are due to misalignment with the ribbon cable.

Investigate the ribben cable for naked cupper and use elec. tape on that area

Or use sth on top of connector for making sure they are in place

Third ask for refund and buy sth with garantee

Thanks for the info, but I'm having a hard time following. What's a cupper? And what's "sth"?

Sth=something

just check all that ribben cable to have fully covered and doesnt make shortcircuit with ground.

I cant explain that much but this shorting causes ghost touch ,which is random and rapid touches after assembly of screen

He means check that there are no exposed copper traces or solder joints that may be shorting somewhere.

I had a similar issue like this. I replaced the screen on an i7+ with two different aftermarket screens from my brother. He buys cheap screens and it was my only choice because the person wanted their phone fixed that day. I installed the 1st screen and about 24hrs later, the touch stopped working on it. I assumed it was the screen and installed a 2nd screen from my brother. 12hrs later the touch stopped working again.

At this point, I ended up getting a 3rd higher quality screen from my usual supplier and the touch stopped working after about a week. A hard reset fixed the issue, but the issue came back again. I posted this as a question, and the only answer I received, was to make sure the black tape that's on the back of the metal plate gets transferred over and stuck to the ribbon cable of the new screen. It was not installed, because that black tape usually does not fit around the touch IC chip that's on the ribbon cable of any model after the i6/i6+. Basically any model with 3D touch.

I am to the understanding that that black tape has no functionality other than to simply hold the ribbon cable in place, seeing it has no similarities to grounding tape. I haven't gotten around to giving this a try, but you might want to try that and see if it helps.

Javan Pohl will be eternally grateful.