Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Touch issues after 7 plus screen install replacement

So I had this happen today with two installation attempts with two different phones and two different replacement screens. I'm putting a new screen on an iPhone 7 Plus and the screen tests fine prior to install, yet when it's fully inserted into the frame, the touch screen functionality goes erratic and is basically non-usable. The second screen I was dealing was SUPPOSED to be OEM quality (I'm having my doubts on that supplier) so I was really surprised to have any issues. I had the chance to tinker with that one a lot more than the first and the different was obvious, the screen is fully connected and everything installed on the back of it and it tests totally fine while it's outside of the frame. But as soon as it goes in all the way, it's worthless. Now, this guy, and the first, now that I think of it, had some rather significant bends in their frames that I couldn't straighten out completely. However, the original screens, once reinstalled, worked just fine so perhaps it's just an issue with some of the aftermarket screens being rather finicky. I should note that 3d touch was turned off.

Does anyone know if this is somehow to the installation of the new screens? At any rate, it's extremely frustrating only having an issue flare up once you're all the way through the repair.

Dude, you got bunk displays. And nobody has oem. You think Foxconn is gonna double cross apple? You think Chinese suppliers with "oem +++" parts got your back? The only thing they got is your wallet. See if you can get a refund. Then either buy from iFixit, or source reliable retailers, with a good warranty program. You get what you pay for

@theimedic "Touch Issues" ? Home button pairing?

@mayer whaaaaat?

having same issue with screen purchased form fixit.

@jacobcecilflip then hit up iFixit. They got an AMAZING warranty program. I would do email

http://help.ifixit.com/article/136-email...

100% of the time they handle their warranty. If it's on your end though, don't get upset

Investigate the ribben cable for naked cupper and use elec. tape on that area

Or use sth on top of connector for making sure they are in place

Third ask for refund and buy sth with garantee

Thanks for the info, but I'm having a hard time following. What's a cupper? And what's "sth"?

Sth=something

just check all that ribben cable to have fully covered and doesnt make shortcircuit with ground.

I cant explain that much but this shorting causes ghost touch ,which is random and rapid touches after assembly of screen

He means check that there are no exposed copper traces or solder joints that may be shorting somewhere.

Javan Pohl will be eternally grateful.