Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Ear Speaker not working

I have fixed 3 iPhone 7 plus screens and every time I do this the ear ear Speaker stops working, the camera and sensors still work just the ear Speaker. I have also done repairs on 7's and it works there is no problem? Does anyone know what this could be? I'm being very gentle when I do this I'm not sure what's wrong

Are you getting display assemblies without the ear speaker already installed, or are you getting one's you have to swap speaker, camera, ect?

We have to swap. Not already installed.

Figured it out.. make sure to heat up before moving front cam and proximity sensor there is a black adhesive that needs to stay on its covers some little gold connectors those need to stay covered so keep it on or put a new black adhesive

Tried that, and it still doesn't work.

Did this and it still doesn't work also I tried putting proximity sensor cable back in original screen and i still can't hear people who call me

Try again took us 3x flexes this last time my suggestion is remove the old flex with the gasket and ear speaker mesh together there's no need to remove it completely this mitigates risk I do it on every model to avoid damaging the mic or in this as well , good luck

Most Helpful Answer

When I have had this problem, i take it apart and put it back together until it works. Also, if I don't get it right the first time I use a small digital endoscope to make sure everything lines up. This way hasn't failed me yet. Hopefully it won't fail you.

Hi guys,

I have the same problem already second time.

Last time I fixed it by orderin' new ear speaker and flex cable. Now, the same problem with second one.

Any solution is welcomed :-)

This has happened 4 times to us, no one has the solution?!!

I'm having the same issues any solutions

See this thread:

Earpiece does not work after screen replacement

Reasons for the iPhone 7 Plus earpiece problem probably are below:

The first one may be that your iPhone 7 Plus went wrong on operation system or software glitches and so on. This is definitely the easiest one to fix. All you need to do is restarting your phone. That might work on some devices.

The second one may be the hardware problems. It could be a little complicated. You need to open up your iPhone 7 Plus and examine the earpiece flex cable. After opening up, check if there has any visible shifting or damages on the tape, the connector and the flex cable. The solution for this situation is to reseating or replacing them. Here is the guidance for you.

Remove the two bottom pentalope screws, and suction the glass up.

Unscrew the Phillips screws from the earpiece speaker & front-facing camera bracket.

Take off the earpiece speaker & front-facing camera bracket from the front panel.

Lift the front-facing camera in the front panel.

Holding the front-facing camera, take out the earpiece speaker from the front panel.

Albert Einstein will be eternally grateful.