Model A1224 / Early 2009 / 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

The display started showing something like snowflakes

Hi guys,

I have followed the exact steps of reinstalling the HD in my iMac Intel 20" EMC 2266. However, as soon as I put all parts back in, connected all necessary cables and turned on the iMac, the LCD display started displaying something like snowflakes and lines all of the time. It looks like and old time TV when your antenna is not fixed and you see the picture through snowflakes. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Petar

Can you please tell me if this was resolved as I have had this identical problem after replacing the fan.

Kind regards

The new hard drive would not do this. Please go back to the repair guide and check all the connections you touched. Check the connect on the display data cable.

Good to see you back +

I have checked all cables thoroughly. The display data cable is also connected to the logic board as well as to the display. Still the same. Is it possible that the cable is somehow corrupted?

Could be, visually check it for damage.

I have checked and checked, everything seems to be ok with the cables. Still can not figure our why it displays such a picture

Hi, a had a similar problem also after replacing the HD. All my cables seem ok and the external display works just fine. How is it possible, i was very carefull handling the lcd in the procedure, is it possible that the inverter has a problem ? What else can it be ?

regards

merdices, you might try to ask your own question. this one here is pretty old and has an accepted answer, so not to many people will look at it. Click the link on the right side of this screen, "Ask a question" and give as much detail as possible.

Petar will be eternally grateful.