These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
There are no troubleshooting guides for the iMac Intel 20" EMC 2266 at this time.
You can cost-effectively upgrade a number of components in the iMac Intel 20" EMC 2266.
- Memory: If your iMac is still running with only the stock RAM, upgrading will provide a dramatic performance boost at minimal cost. Upgrading to the maximum of 8 GB can be done very easily and provides unmatched performance.
- Hard Drive: 320 GB, 640 GB, or 1 TB hard drives came standard with the iMac Intel 20" EMC 2266. You can upgrade the drive up to 2 TB.
You can verify that you have a iMac Intel 20" EMC 2266 by checking the processor information through "About This Mac" in the Apple menu.
Use the iMac identification system to help you identify your machine. iMacs tend to look very similar, and it's important to know which machine you have before ordering any replacement parts.
The iMac Intel 20" EMC 2266 looks nearly identical to the first generation aluminum iMacs. The differences lie within, with the most noticeable hardware change being a surface mount GPU soldered directly to the motherboard as opposed to a removable video card on earlier aluminum iMacs. The 2.66 Core 2 Duo "Penryn" processor, with 6 MB of shared L2 cache, opens the capability to support 8 GB of PC3-8500 RAM.
The style of the new aluminum iMacs are a dramatic departure from the white plastic encased iMacs of the past. The aluminum iMacs were to match the design of the original iPhone, both released at nearly the same time. The glass front panel allows for a richer viewing experience, and even with aluminum and glass accents the 20" aluminum iMac is still lighter than all previous 20" iMac generations.
- Built-in 20-inch widescreen TFT active-matrix liquid crystal display with 1680-by-1050 pixels resolution
- 320GB, 620GB or 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
- Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive
- 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 2GB or 4GB and up to 8GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- Built-in iSight camera
- One FireWire 800 port; 7 watts
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Built-in stereo speakers with Internal 24-watt digital amplifier
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
- Built-in microphone
- Support for Apple Stereo Headset with microphone
- Apple Keyboard
- Mighty Mouse
- Cleaning cloth
- Power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 18.5 inches (46.9 cm)
- Width: 19.1 inches (48.5 cm)
- Depth: 7.4 inches (18.9 cm)
- Weight: 20 pounds (9.1 kg)