Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Mac Office 2011 deactivation

I am replacing a computer with Mac Office 2011. I want to deactivate Office on the old computer and re-use the product key on the new computer. I plan to wipe the drive on the old computer with a complete OS cleanup. How can I deactivate the Mac Office 2011 and make sure the product key will work on the replacement computer?

Just contact MS, it is not possible to deactivate locally.

Microsoft will no longer provide support for Office for Mac 2011:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article...

So you (and me) are pretty much s&^r out of luck unless anyone has any better ideas?

Just be sure not to do any updates, especially if using High Sierra. I've had about three machines slow down 90% after an update. Office 2008 seems to be working OK on a couple.

I know this is an old question but all you needed to do was use Migration Assistant and it would have moved it over intact.

Jim Hollis will be eternally grateful.