Many of my iPhone 5S screens have ghost touch?

Hi. This is my first post on iFixit.

I import and sell iPhone screens. I sell iPhone 5, 5S, 6 and so on.. i get Them from the same supplier. The problem is.. MANY of my iPhone 5S have ghost touch. The screen taps random letters it self when typing a message, and so on. The feedback on the suppliers product page is 4.9/5.0 stars, and the supplier just tell me to send the sceeens back to get a replacement. What is causing the ghost touch? I looked through the forum and found a post saying that it can happend if the backlight cable is not isolated. I've tried to isolate, but that doesn't work.. -.-

i am desperate to get an answer.. i know there is a big chance that the screens are poor quality, but the LCD it self are actually very high quality as far as i can see? The only problem is the touch problems. I hope you guys can answer me.

// Mikkel

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Most Helpful Answer

Honestly change your supplier. It is not worth the time and effort to fix the screens that should be working once they get to you.

I do recommend either from here or from GadgetFix. My shop has always had great results with them.

@kaniggit49 - You have a shop? Please complete your profile so we can get to know you ;-)

@mayer I don't own a shop, but I do work for one in NJ. :)

@kaniggit49 - Give it a couple of years and I'm sure you'll have your own soon. Take a look at @jessabethany https://www.ifixit.com/User/739239/jessa...

her web page: http://www.mendonipadrehab.com

Do a web search for her repair videos to greatly expand your knowledge base.

She has done well well starting out of her home and taking care of, I think three kids. Besides she's close enough and kind enough to go visit ;-)

@mayer - I will definitely check it out. Thank you! :-)

Hey guys i created an account just to comment on threads about ghost touching as I'm Having this issue after doing a screen replacement on my own iPhone 5s. At first i had loads of issues blue dots and volume button not working as well as a lot of ghost touches, anyway i went back in even though i really didn't wanna and made sure everything was seated correctly and un damaged, i also made sure everything was isolated and had to actually use electric insulation tape on some parts as the screen i ordered was missing loads! Well everything is perfect now except one thing, i get the occasional ghost touch and random key presses, i really don't wanna go back in there i hate it. Any ideas if it's just a bad screen? The quality is great it wasn't a cheap rubbish screen. Anyway sorry for the rant.

Mikkel will be eternally grateful.