Screen backlight randomly shuts off

Hi! I recently got iPhone 5s, and after some time cracked my screen. It was ok for two weeks, and the in started to shut off the screen randomly. I can receive phone calls, notifications. The backlight randomly shuts off, and in bright light i can see, that the screen works. I can even type passcode and unlock it, when the screen black. Just now i swapped the screen with new one, and the problem is still there. I can make screen on longer by tapping it on back few times. Is there a way to fix it at home?

Most Helpful Answer

open it again ,remove the screen and on the screen flex , you will see the very thin Backlight cable.

There should be something covering the 3 solder points of the backlight. if you don't see the 3 silver solder points on the flex then you will find they are covered with a small black piece of tape probably which is good.

however if you do see the solder joints exposed then this could be your issue .

i would start with that

The tape is there on the new screen, and on the shattered one too.

If you're having backlight issues on multiple screens then you most likely have a backlight circuit failure on the board. That is repairable by microsoldering. Most people outsource this work.

Renards Spalva will be eternally grateful.