0

Fatima Siddiqi
1

Internal Microphone not working?

The microphone on my Macbook Air has stopped working, which I figured out when I couldn't make any skype calls.

Have checked System Preferences -->Sound and increased the input levels but that doesn't make a difference.

The hinge on the macbook has broken, as a result the right side of the LCD is almost detached from the computer itself. Could this be a reason (although I have been using the mic successfully despite the hinge problem for a while) ?

Incidentally, i did drop the macbook a few days ago. Can anybody help me in fixing this problem myself?

Edited by: iRobot ( ) , David Hodson ( )

1

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

I would open it up and see if the hinge problem has allowed the microphone cable to be pulled out of its socket on the logic board. Step 19 of this guide shows the cable and socket: MacBook Air Models A1237 and A1304 Display Assembly Replacement

works for me +

rj713,

0

Marcin
1

I have also problem with internal mic in my Macbook Air A1304. Mic is visible in the system profiler, I have checked MIDI settings, performed resets, new OSx installation and replacing mic and cable, but i still does not work.

I would like to definitely verify if this is fault of logic board or not? Maybe the replacement cable is faulty but before i will buy another one I would like to check the board. How would i do it, to be absolutely sure it is 100% ok?

Edit: I have just discovered that when I blow directly into microphone you can hear a noise in the speakers! Weird.

Regards,

Edited by: Marcin ( )

0

gatorsrule24
1

yes i have a macbook air a1237 my mic is not working ive tryed everything except replacing th e mic and cable is there ant other thing i can do before i order hardware for it thank you