The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Air features fifth generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, resulting in slightly increased performance and battery life.

Can I upgrade the RAM?

Can I upgrade the RAM in my Macbook Air (late 2015) from 4GB to 8GB?

Sadly No, The RAM is soldered to the logic board and is not upgradable. Your only choice here is to exchange the logic board with one that has 8 GB which is not economical. It would be cheaper to buy a new system.

Review this IFIXIT teardown: MacBook Air 13" Early 2015 Teardown. Jump to Step 7. The red outlined chips are the RAM chips.

i found hitting my computer with a hammer increases the amount of ram by a lot

I’m tempted to do so......

Actually, it's very economical. You can replace the logic board for roughly $200 along with your processor. Drive your computer into the ground, then replace the logic board with 8gb and it's like having a brand new machine.

iFixit sells replacement logic boards for $500 (currently out of stock). I am not quite sure I see how you would do this for $200.

Visit PowerBook Medic and buy a board for that price, then follow the instructions on this site. :)

Nyah: cheapest one is nearly 400 bucks.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/_se...

I checked the PowerBook Medic site and the cost of a logic board with 8 GB is about $600. The juice is not worth the squeeze. Cheaper to buy a new MacBook Air with 8Gigs already iinstalled at $999.

Brougan Edwards will be eternally grateful.