The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Possible chip damage? Phone reboots every 2-4 minutes.

A customer has brought me an iPhone 5C for power issues. Upon opening the iPhone I can see that the screen has been previously replaced. Phone appears to be clear of water damage.

The phone reboots every 2-4 minutes, either plugged in or not plugged into a charger. Replacing the battery makes no difference and restoring the phone through a DFU does not fix the issue.

I have managed to locate some board schematics but have not a clue which area and chips to look at.

Hope you can help.

Thank you kindly.

same problem- you ever find a solution?

Unfortunately not yet. Definitely think this is chip related.

Most Helpful Answer

Bad battery or missing filter near battery connector

Thank you for your reply. I have tried a few batteries with the same result.

What am I looking for in terms of these filters?

Board examination is completely new to me.

Thank you!

I have same problem with iPhone 5c. I have three missing components. As in the picture at the top FL11 and the two below it. Jessa can you tell where I can find those replacement components. I have olso iPhone 4 donator board. In iPhone 4 chemantics there are FL11 but it still missing from every iPhone 4. There are many Fl components in iPhone 4. Is that same thing If I replace Fl11 with for example FL23?

The Filter you are looking for is FL11 and is extremely small. I've attached a picture with the filter circled in red.

check for any components knocked off around the battery connector. unplug battery and charging port to inspect. microscope is recommended

Thank you. I will inspect under a microscope. Upon eye's view, the components seem to be okay when compared with another board.

zentech will be eternally grateful.