Battery replacement but battery life still poor

I ordered and installed a new battery for my 5s--it is certainly better than the old one, but not as good as new, and the phone still shuts off prematurely when battery life is below 20%.

I wiped the phone and didn't restore the backup, reinstalling data and apps, and it didn't help. Is there some power management I need to reset?

Most Helpful Answer

Bad batteries are commonplace, so you could try that since they are inexpensive.

Otherwise, I would worry about U2 damage from non-Apple charger usage. That is a board-level repair you'd need to send your phone out for.

Not aware of non apple charger use...but anything is possible. Is there a test for that?

Battery was from iFixit.

tsb will be eternally grateful.