The Sony Vaio Pro 13 (SVP132A1CL) is an ultrabook released by Sony in mid-2013

How do I replace the display?

I steped on my vaio pro 13. The Display is not broken but there are imprints on the panel. So I want to replace the display. The problem is there are no screws around the display. Have you an idea how i can replace the display?

regards

Most Helpful Answer

Because the touch/lcd is fixed to the lid with double-sided tape around the edges, I found it impossible to remove the unit without cracking the extremely brittle touchscreen layer. However, once the touch/lcd was out, it was quite easy to fit the new unit, fixing it in place using replacement tape. I wouldn't touch this unit again, but if I were forced to do this again, esp where I needed to preserve the existing display, I would first remove the whole lid from the base - remove the bezel at bottom (clicks apart) - undo the two screws at the bottom of the touch/lcd which holds the unit in place along the bottom edge - part the lid from the touch/lcd along the side seam - maybe prying it open just a few millimeters with a suitable plastic tool, then separate the tape from the touch/lcd and lid using a sharp blade before moving on to the next section, working slowly around the unit until it is ready to lift out of the lid.

Apparently this display could be treated like a "glued in" cellphone display where one should use a heat gun or hair drier to soften the glue before removal.

I have the same dilemma, but not a single youtube vid or link I can find... ):

You need to change the entire display, No parts available. This is what Sony S C guys told me.

My Screen is working fine but there is an issue with touch screen.

My screen´s touch stopped working suddenly, and looking at google I found this link:

aliexpress link

They even send the tools.

How do you actually take it off, as I cannot seem to see any screws to be able to take it off

it is held in place by strips of adhesive tape.

Nice one mat00d I succed it to open and change it . All my respects

Wow first one that told us this! Congratulations Robert!

Can you send fotos from the change ?

Yes please do send the photos. I still cannot understand how to take the screen off!

HSchmidt will be eternally grateful.