U2 IC Replacement Solder?

Hello, I have an iPhone which someone has removed the U2 IC from. I have purchased a replacement U2 IC, but I'm not sure if I can do the job with a soldering iron. I'm not the most experienced solderer, so I might not even attempt it but I have some questions.

Would a heat gun be best for this?

Can I use the solder that's already there?

I will post a picture of the logic board, because it looks abnormal.

Most Helpful Answer

oh my, that's a tall order.

You'll want to perfect the art of "kitchen table bga" repair on old devices for a long time before trying to place this chip that shares a border with the CPU.

This is not a DIY project.

I agree, I would suggest finding a BGA laboratory and get them to do it. Capable BGA rework stations cost thousands, however it should be fairly simple job for them to do.

Ryan will be eternally grateful.