The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a 10.1-inch Android-based tablet computer and belongs to the second generation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series.

Stuck on "Samsung" logo

When I turn on my Galaxy tab 2 10.1 it boots to the logo then goes to the "SAMSUNG" screen, then it stays there. I've tried to do a hard reset by holding down the power button and the volume up button and have done both reboot and wipe data and still gets hung on the "SAMSUNG" logo. What else can I do to fix this?

I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet and I found it stuck on the Samsung logo. I can't boot to recovery because it just cycles back to the logo. I can boot to odin mode but even with odin I can't get connected. It says Downloading and my computer sees the USB connection but I am completely unable to get it to recover or even transfer files. It's stock/not rooted so I don't know how it suddenly bricked itself. It was doing fine running the same clock app that's been on it for 2 years now. I don't believe Samsung has pushed any updates recently.

Anyone have an idea or should I toss it?

Mine is also stuck on the logo. It will not soft or hard reboot. What do I do?

My tablet is a Galaxy Tab A and it wont stop flashing, i was reading on it and it froze up so i restarted it and its been on the logo ever scince pls help me

SUCCESS, NO LONGER STICKS AT BOOTUP! My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Version 2014 was rooted. It had been operating just fine for about 2 years until June 2017. Then it would boot to the T-Mobile screen and stick there. I entered the reset mode (simultaneously hold down Power button and Volume button). I tried Factory Reset many times but to no avail. I began looking for a new tablet, but then tried one more thing. Using Samsung Kies 3 on my PC, I upgraded my tablet Operating System from Android Version 4.4.2 to 5.1.1. SInce then it is working better than ever.

Re: SUCCESS, NO LONGER STICKS AT BOOTUP! I have been using Lollipop 5.1.1 for about a week. It is absoulutely junk.! I will be rolling back to Kit Kat 4.4.2. Things I noted: I pair English and Spanish versions of books I study. In KitKat 4.4.2 I could leave that pair open, go to a different app and return to the open pair. In Lollipop, you leave/return closes half of the pair. In KItKat 4.4.2 when I wanted to "CREATE" a Spanish/English pair in 2 windows, I could name the pair. Can't name pairs in Lollipop. - worthless. There are 5 pairs I use regularly and can't identify which is which in Lollipop.

In KitKat I saved a folder of online newspapers to read. Can't assemble them smoothly in to a Lollipop folder. SEARCH FUNCTION: Could go directly to Google Search in KitKat . The search window in Lollipop is the same as the URL window - very confusing. A THUMBS DOWN! for Lollipop!

Before reading below there is a common issue with these tablets where they do not turn on properly or get stuck on the charging battery icon. Try holding power + volume down for 10-15 seconds and attempt to turn it on and or charge it again.

Try leaving it on charge for half an hour if that does not work you may need to do a factory reset or reload the software on the tablet in order to get it working again.

Usually when the Tablet is stuck on the animated Samsung Logo you may need to do either a factory reset or reflashing firmware on tablet (same android version or newer).

If you need to keep the user data (photos and etc) try flashing latest android system firmware first by following instructions provided in link below:

http://updato.com/how-to/how-to-install-...

If firmware flash does not help then a factory reset must be done to get the device working again.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any data lost from your device when you follow the steps below:

To factory reset:

Hold power button + volume up + home button until Samsung logo appears. When Samsung logo appears stop holding the power button but continue holding the other buttons. Once you get into a recovery menu which usually release all keys.

Use volume keys to navigate the menu and the power / home key to select the highlighted option.

Do wipe data / factory reset. Wait for this to complete and reboot tablet.

If this still doesn't solve the problem then you will need to restore firmware using Samsung Kies (ODIN downloader flash method works too).

Tips:

• Stuck on white Samsung Logo usually means device is soft-bricked (Recoverable using firmware flash), caused by a bad battery or insufficiently charged battery.
  • Stuck on animated Logo usually means the partition on the device that is used for user data is corrupt and needs to be wiped by doing the factory reset method. It can also be caused by corrupt firmware too. You should attempt firmware flash first if you need to keep user data that's on the device then do factory reset as that is the only option after that.

thank you!!!!!!! it worked for me

mine worked with hold down power button + volume DOWN + home buttons concurrently for 5 to 10 seconds, and it restarted. Yay!

I think we are talking about a Tablet and not a phone. The tablet does not have a home button

Some samsung galaxy tabs have a home button on it. It's most of the time not required to boot download mode or recovery mode on most Samsung devices even.

Hello, I had the same problem and all I did after reading through this article was to remove the battery and put it back; I then held power + volume down for 10-15 seconds and there it was, i am now able to comfortably input my password and use my phone. PS: I did not uninstall any applications.

Remove any card if you have inserted into tablet.

Next step is to change Firmware. But if you have a hardware problem this can't help you.

Firmwares and instruction you can found here:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Factory Data reset / Hard reset

Regards.

i can't go into the download mode......please help me to solve this problem

What is the state of your tablet? Can you switch it on? If no, do you have a charging indicator when you connect it with charger?

My daughter in law has had it in a drawer for over 12 months still had plastic on it and has never been used. All we get is a screen with Samsung tab3 and then nothing. We took it into a repair shop who tried to reload several different softwares but still does not work and they gave it me back saying they could not repair it. It has never been used but is now out of guarantee. 5 of these were bought in Argus all at the same time and they all had a problem. It will not even charge

Hi, I have the same problem but I have charging indicator when connect with USB port. It is just that it wont load to the samsung logo anymore after i leave it idle on the loading last time until battery flat.

I have the same problem I tried rooting my tab and now its stuck in boot up menu "Samsung Galaxy Tab" with "!" at the top left. When I turn the tab off and try and go in to factory mode it just goes straight to boot logo again. cant do anything...

hi here is is the complete fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxPj2HaI...

I had the same problem .

Do not do a factory reset swipe and clean of the memory as it will erase everything on the tablet.

It did not work for me.

Instead shut down the tablet by pressing on the power key on the side.

Next pry off the cover from around the edges starting on one side proceeding to all 4 sides to get to the back of the machine.

The purpose of this is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and force a battery reset.

Then reconnect the battery cable.

You can go on you tube and it will show how to do this.

I did it with a dull butter knife and a hard plastic tie used to hold wire bundles together.

After doing this, I located the power button with the back case off still and used a ballpoint pen to power up.

I got my touch screen back and then most importantly, I DISABLED THE POWER SAVE FEATURE.

This feature seems to cause intermittent power problems with the logic board and doing a battery reset solves the problem.

check this out it may help you out of this issue..

https://www.khmertep.com/fix-samsung-gal...

I have this problem too..

I've try removing any card inserted in the tablet but the problem is still the same.

please help !!

Same thing happened to me, it powered on, got stuck on the word SAMSUNG and the letters just stayed glowing. I plugged in my charger and left it on, stuck on Samsung, left it alone, came back the next day and it was on functioning as normal. Now, plug your charger into your computer though, if you use a usb charger, this way you don't have to worry about overloading anything, and messing up your bills too much, when I went to sleep, I just put my computer in sleep mode instead of shutting it down. Also it may only take a few hours, I was just too done to be bothered with it for the rest of the day.

How can I put in sleep mode if I can't. Get pass the logo

Hi got the same problem holding both power an volume when I let power button go a green man comes up stays a few seconds then nothing happens goes back to Samsung lol an galaxy note 10.1 can some one help

When you see the green man, use the volume buttons to make your selection. Then use the power button to select that option.

hey this solved it for me!!

My samsung tab is rooted.My problem is when i do factory data reset using volume up button then it reboots, now my tab becomes new when i enter my name ect. i do next and then it says just a second and then from now it doesn't continue.Please guys help me please.Request.

Check here http://www.khmertep.com/fix-samsung-gala...

I was unable to open the tablet myself so I took it to a phone/computer store. The guy behind the counter was able to open it for me. He basically pried it open carefully. Once it was open I took it home and disconnected the battery. It did not fix the problem I have with the Tablet. Still stuck on the Samsung logo.

Edward will be eternally grateful.