Model A1347 with 2.4 or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor.

Can I use this memory to upgrade the MacMini?

Here is the link to the memory I want to buy:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...

It looks like it should work but I am concerned that it won't because it has a higher speed rating. Shouldn't it just run at the lower speed rating that the machine is capable of?

MacMini4,1 currently 4GB, 2.4GHz Running Mavericks and up to date EFI.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

Your box supports 1066 MHz PC3-8500 DDR3 SO-DIMMs. So theoretically it would work... but the brand name is unknown, e.g. not top tier. Crucial, Kingston, PNY.

Sometimes it 's the tightwad that ends up spending the most $... for ~20$ I'd go top tier.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

The mid-2010 Mac mini officially supports up to 8GB of DDR3-1066 RAM; but it does run 16GB DDR3-1066's -- it doesn't, however, support higher clock speed modules.

As far as G.Skill as a brand is concerned: they aren't "unknown". They have a solid reputation for performance products. Sure they don't have in-house memory IC's (ie: Crucial/Micron, Kingston, Samsung, etc), but they are hardly considered an "unknown" brand. But I digress...

OWC offers 16GB DDR3-1066's that work in the Macmini4,1's at a $50 premium (http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20W...).

My set are using SK Hynix H5TQ8G83AMR-PBC. Judging from SK Hynix's product coding convention, that "PBC" part indicates it's a DDR3-1600 @ 11-11-11 timings; however, the modules are apparently clocked as DDR3-1066 @ 7-7-7 timings.

Very Knowledgeable and Helpful Thank you very much

David will be eternally grateful.