Which SSD disk is compatible with Mac Mini Mid 2010
Using DDR3 PC3-10600 rather than DDR3 PC3-8500
Mac Mini beeps on boot , after HDD replacement and RAM swap?
Damaged IR Sensor and Optical Drive Thermal Sensor connectors
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
You can cost-effectively upgrade a number of components in the Mac mini Mid 2010.
* Hard Drive: A 320 GB hard drive comes standard with the Mac mini Mid 2010 non-server model. You can upgrade the drive to 750 GB.
Identification and Background
The Mac mini Mid 2010 is easily distinguishable from its predecessors. The 4th iteration of the Mac mini has an aluminum unibody case, which matches most of Apple's product lineup for 2010. On the underside of the mini is a black circular twist-off cover, which can be easily removed to gain access to the computer's internals.
Some of the most notable changes from the previous Model A1283 mini are of course the unibody casing, as well as the addition of an SD card slot and an HDMI port. One item that is missing on the mini, though, is the power brick, since it now has an entirely internal power supply. The Mac mini Mid 2010 is also noted for being the most energy-efficient desktop computer, using less than 10 watts of power when running at idle.
The most often replaced Mac mini A1347 parts include the RAM, logic board, and SSD.
- Height 1.4 inches (3.6 cm)
- Width 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Depth 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Weight 3.0 pounds (1.37 kg)
- 2.4 GHz or 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB (two 1 GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8 GB
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Four USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- SD card slot
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interface with support for jumbo frames
Graphics and video:
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- Mini DisplayPort with support for up to 2560×1600 resolution
- HDMI port with support for up to 1920×1200 resolution
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 wireless technology
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- 320 GB or 500 GB SATA hard drive
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)