4 inch display / Available in a variety of colors / Released in 3 different models / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

How do I get past apple id on used 5th gen touch?

So i bought a used 5th gen ipod touch and i didnt know you had to have the apple id to access the ipod after i factory reset it. What do i do?

My friend and I bought a second hand iPod touch 5th generation and I am trying to get into the iPod with my Apple ID and it won't work. I'm in a network, I'm trying to activate it and I put in my Apple ID and password, it keeps on saying; that the Apple ID or password won't activate it. I REALLY want to connect the iPod to iTunes. Should I connect 2 iTunes????

You don't. You sell it for parts. iCloud lock is very effective at keeping the stolen iDevice market at bay.

That would make them an after the fact accessory to theft and possibly face criminal charges.

That may be true if there was a way to identify the original owner of an iCloud locked device, but there is not. I'm a layperson for matters of law, but I believe that as long as you make a reasonable attempt to find the owner of lost/stolen property that you have no other legal responsibility. It is the original owners's responsibility to put the iPod touch in "lost mode" and provide contact information. If this was not done, then there is no reasonable method of finding the original owner. Assuming the eBay seller is also not able to find the original owner, e.g. a wholesaler, then this iPod would be like so many others----a collection of perfectly functional parts with no owner. The choice of whether or not to simply throw the device away vs sell it for parts is an environmental question now.

well, there is a little hack you can do that gives you limited access to your apple device. if you are not in the US then scroll all the way down there is the united states option, select that as your country. If you are connected to your wifi, disconnect, then hold down the home button as if you are asking for siri, instead of siri, a "more wifi setting" option will pop up, tap it and you will see little information option besides the wifi network, press the info button next to your network and go to your DNS and type 104.154.51.7 then log in to your network and as soon it says "activating device" quickly press "back". you will see a window pop up and scroll down to menu. once in the menu you will have access to the internet, chat rooms, and a few stupid games. There is more, but I dont think I should list them all, as that would take up too much of my time.

sorry if the instructions are unclear.

If you performed an actual full reset on the device, there would not be any Apple ID associated with it. What method did you use to reset it?

I would advise that you start by contacting the original owner and asking them to meet with you and sign out of the device. If they were, in fact, the legitimate owner they should be willing to do that.

This doesn't make sense. Your method of receiving the item could be result of a long distance transaction. This concept is ideally impossible in this regard. No one is going to send personal information as that over mail let alone take a trip just to put in a screen name and password.

The thing is that my second hand iPod 5th generation, I put in my Apple ID. It told me that it was an incorrect Apple ID.

Actually there could be although it's unlikely someone could have an iCloud device with a password remove the Fmi from the phone and it would look and sell as an iCloud off working device sense there is now no way to check the serial number it would pass as no iCloud until you reset and it becomes locked

If it's iOS 7 you have a brick on your hands unless the previous owner signs in and deactivates the security lock.

You cant. If in activation mode the only way to get it unlocked is to call the previous owner

1 Download iTunes on the computer

2 log in to iTunes

3 power down device

4 close Tunes on the computer

5 plug cord into USB slot on the computer

6 Hold down the home button and plug in the cord

7 do not release the home button tell you see the screen with a cord and a iTunes picture

8 i tunes should open if not open it

9 click Update

10 a window should appear click update and restore or update depending on the ios

11 run update and Restore

12 set up device like new

does this really work?

No, doesn't work, Apple security is one of the best!

No it doesn't

I tried restoring it with a downloaded IPSW for my iPod Touch 5g... It needs my uncle's account that was signed in recently and was unverified... PS: My iPod Touch 5g was from my uncle that was brought from UK...

try to create a new one by reseting settings and signing out of the apple id.

Also that will not work!

you can crack it and delet the lock plist and it will never lock again because it willbe missing the section in software . need to jailbreak it and ssh into the file system to do this . simple for a hacker . i bough 10 locked ipod 5 touch all locked and all unlocked and sold for 500% profit

Although this may be possible it also may have programs in it that will scam your computer be careful with this one

Buddy will be eternally grateful.