Repair and disassembly guides for the Jura Capresso IMPRESSA J5 coffee maker.

The machine just doesnt power up anymore.

No lights or nothing after plugged in and power on. Is there a fuse? Where should I begin in troubleshooting the board?

Most Helpful Answer

Use this great teardown as a way to get to the logic/control board. I do not have the J5, but other Jura manuals and they all show a fuse on the circuit board. Once you take yours apart, post an image of the board and I am sure we can assist you further. Hope this helps, good luck.

As oldturkey03 said I would suspect the fuse first. Mine too was not powering up and when it did it would not recognizing the tray being in place. I took it apart looked for any easy electronic problems: fuse, burnt areas indicating over heating or failed electrical components / short, loose electrical connections etc. Never found what the exact problem was but something may have been loose because after doing the above and putting it back together it worked:)

Ronald Massaro will be eternally grateful.