iPad Mini Repair

7.9 inch display iPad Mini, with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage.

Ipad mini won't turn on? Tried everything?

Hiya,

So, I have an ipad mini. I've had it for six months and it was working fine twelve hours ago. I fell asleep, and when I woke up and tried to turn it on, it didn't. It was plugged in all night because it was on 4% the last time I saw it was working.

I tried replugging it, it didn't work.

I tried using the iphone 5 cord, it didn't work.

I tried pressing the home button and the power button simutaneously, it was still unresponsive.

I tried plugging it into my computer and trying to restore it.. but there's another problem. It won't sync to my computer, so itunes isn't able to read it at all.

Yes, I tried reinstalling itunes and it still remained unresponsive.

Any idea how it can be fixed? If at all?

Thanks,

Shiori

we have the same problem. have you fixed it already?

by rhona

I have the exact same problem except my iPad shattered and t was working fine everything was working perfectly after it shattered but then 2 days after I came home from piano and it wasn't turning on at all I tried everything nothing? What is wrong?

by Emma martin

I've tried holding the home and turn off button and still not working

by kieran

Most Helpful Answer

mine would not turn on or do anything; I found this answer and it worked for me. "There are a couple of possible causes for this kind of behavior, but in the majority of cases you can solve it by doing a reset. Just hold down the Power button and the Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds. You’ll know it worked when you see the Apple logo." http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ipad...

Used mine less than 10 hours ago. This morning wouldn't turn on. No other apple products in the house so we couldn't test our charger. Did the hard reset and it worked!! Thank you thank you thank you! All apps and everything still there!

by marie leopardo

Thank you. It worked.

by Dathambi

We have had this exact same experience.

Are you sure it didn't suffer a drop or get wet while you were sleeping somehow? Or that someone else didn't use it in that time period? It sounds like you'll definitely need to open up the device and check the hardware if everything above really didn't help.

This has happened to me three times. When I charge the iPad mini, it works fine - unless I leave it to charge for an extended period of time - like overnight. If I do that, it becomes completely unresponsive (won't reset, invisible to my computer, etc.). Apple has replaced two brand new iPads for me - after charging me for the first replacement, which was out of warranty. No one at the store has had an explanation.

May I ask? How much did it cost? I think I have to go for a repair..

by esmeraldacristallo

I think they charged me $90 for a new ipad the first time, and then no charge the second and third time, because they failed while in warranty. These are all, by the way, 1st generation devices - they wouldn't give me credit toward a newer model.

by Jed

First have a look inside the dock connector and check for any dirt or other objects and clean them out if there is any

Second I would recommend leaving the iPad mini on a AC wall charger for a few hours and then have another look to see if the iPad is working

Failing all that, its time to send your iPad back to Apple as it will still be covered by the warranty and since you have not damaged it, you will not want to pay out for any repairs

Let me know how you get on and which method leads to success, if you need any more help please ask

Cheers

Brendan Mills

Hey it work, press power button and the home button at the same time for 10 seconds, and it came back on! Still don't know why it would not power up!

by Joseph Price

I went to the apple store and got it exchanged for a new one under warranty.

Happened to me, and apple replaced te iPad, as it couldn't be repaired.

I'm currently having the same issue. It worked fine this morning, and when I tried rebooting it (internet problems), it wouldn't restart. The apple screen keeps coming up, and nothing. We went to Best Buy (Geek Squad) and they couldn't figure it out, but told us to take it home and plug it into our computer and do a restore. Well, iTunes won't recognize my iPad mini, because of 'trust' issues. We're taking to Apple store tomorrow.

having the same problem and keeps doing it, i went to work today and left it on charge and now came back and isnt working any idea how to fix it?

it could be that the power ic is fault. it has to be replaced.

also the battery

by PrimeiRepair

Had the same problem..are on our fourth ipad mini. Apple have replace it three times.

If you reset will it get rid of youre pictures?

I have the same issue went Apple and they said I have to pay 199.00 for a replacement while taking mine . And giving me a used one in return . I than told the guy while a new one will cost me 249 for a new one and keep my old one why would I pay to loose on the whole apple deal what a bunch of crooks . I am totally disappointed . I than just left with no resolution . I am going to call apple corporate direct let's see what they say

Maddie

what happens if you try to connect it to iTunes? if nothing happens when you connect it to your computer it is most likely going to be that the battery is dead and needs to be replaced.

Shoiri Ikatashi will be eternally grateful.