iPad Mini

7.9 inch display iPad Mini, with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage.

Ipad mini won't turn on? Tried everything?

Hiya,

So, I have an ipad mini. I've had it for six months and it was working fine twelve hours ago. I fell asleep, and when I woke up and tried to turn it on, it didn't. It was plugged in all night because it was on 4% the last time I saw it was working.

I tried replugging it, it didn't work.

I tried using the iphone 5 cord, it didn't work.

I tried pressing the home button and the power button simutaneously, it was still unresponsive.

I tried plugging it into my computer and trying to restore it.. but there's another problem. It won't sync to my computer, so itunes isn't able to read it at all.

Yes, I tried reinstalling itunes and it still remained unresponsive.

Any idea how it can be fixed? If at all?

Thanks,

Shiori

we have the same problem. have you fixed it already?

by rhona

I have the exact same problem except my iPad shattered and t was working fine everything was working perfectly after it shattered but then 2 days after I came home from piano and it wasn't turning on at all I tried everything nothing? What is wrong?

by Emma martin

Most Helpful Answer

Are you sure it didn't suffer a drop or get wet while you were sleeping somehow? Or that someone else didn't use it in that time period? It sounds like you'll definitely need to open up the device and check the hardware if everything above really didn't help.

First have a look inside the dock connector and check for any dirt or other objects and clean them out if there is any

Second I would recommend leaving the iPad mini on a AC wall charger for a few hours and then have another look to see if the iPad is working

Failing all that, its time to send your iPad back to Apple as it will still be covered by the warranty and since you have not damaged it, you will not want to pay out for any repairs

Let me know how you get on and which method leads to success, if you need any more help please ask

Cheers

Brendan Mills

I went to the apple store and got it exchanged for a new one under warranty.

We have had this exact same experience.

Happened to me, and apple replaced te iPad, as it couldn't be repaired.

I'm currently having the same issue. It worked fine this morning, and when I tried rebooting it (internet problems), it wouldn't restart. The apple screen keeps coming up, and nothing. We went to Best Buy (Geek Squad) and they couldn't figure it out, but told us to take it home and plug it into our computer and do a restore. Well, iTunes won't recognize my iPad mini, because of 'trust' issues. We're taking to Apple store tomorrow.

having the same problem and keeps doing it, i went to work today and left it on charge and now came back and isnt working any idea how to fix it?

it could be that the power ic is fault. it has to be replaced.

mine would not turn on or do anything; I found this answer and it worked for me. "There are a couple of possible causes for this kind of behavior, but in the majority of cases you can solve it by doing a reset. Just hold down the Power button and the Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds. You’ll know it worked when you see the Apple logo." http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ipad...

Shoiri Ikatashi will be eternally grateful.