0

Tyler Timpe
1

Hold slider no longer working

I replaced my old battery and thought I put everything back as I found it. Turns out, I messed something up with my hold switch. It's now completely loose and has lost it's functionality. I looked at some of the breakdown pictures and it looks fine, but it feels completely loose. Any ideas?

I noticed you never got an answer to this. Are you still having this problem

machead3,

Yeah, still busted. Any ideas?

Tyler Timpe,

1

bjoernen hj
897

Hi Tyler

I have a newer version, so I'm not sure, but it looks like the hold-switch is part of the headphone jack part. It can be replaced, and since you've replaced your battery, that shouldn't be a problem.

iPod 3G 10/15/20 GB Headphone Jack

(there is another part that fits 30GB version)

After taking it out, you could examine your old part to see if you can fix it, before ordering a new one.

iPod 3G 10/15/20 GB Headphone Jack

Includes headphone jack and hold switch — Currently out of stock.

1

Sarah
295

I ordered mine on ebay, and they said that after they replaced the battery, the hold switch no longer worked. So when I got it, I opened it up. The internal part of the hold switch that connects to the button outside was connected to the logic board, and mine was broken off so there was nothing that the outside button could attach to. I am no techie, but I am pretty sure in order to replace that part, you may have to replace the logic board. Or if it is not broken, and you attempt to slide it back into place so that it can catch the hold switch, do so with caution because if it breaks clean off you will have more problems.

1

Josh Calvetti

As Sarah suggested, it could be that the actual switch is broken. If you pop the back off, can you see a little black switch near the top right corner (top right when the iPod is laying on its face)? If so, is it broken?

It could be that the little hold switch toggle itself got a bit bent out of shape; I've had that happen a couple times too. Just try to bend the pins VERY CAREFULLY back into place.