Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Fixing Damaged Sectors without Reformating or using Disk Utility

i m using macbook pro

osx crashed

i m stuck in disk utility 320gb hd ( 1 partition name Mac osx install esd ) wich is below hitachi) showing capacity 319.21, available ,used 4.43 gb

if i m erasing 320 hd it showing me disk erase failed with error : couldn't unmount disk

there is 1 more option called disk1 ( total capacity 1.26 gb )

below it mac os x base system ( capacity 1.26 gb , available 110.9 mb , used 1.15 gb )

how should i install osx lion .?

kindly help me

Please give us the last three figures of your serial number.

Hitachi hard drives are notorious for this... so much so they have earned the nickname "Deathstar" (not Deskstar) in the trade. (they go into a lockdown mode and the only way to unlock them is from a WindDUHows app). If you're still under warranty I would be talking to Apple about replacing the dead drive. If you're not I don't know if contacting Hitachi would generate any good news- but it's worth a try.

Your only option is to replace the drive... FWIW I would not get another Hitachi.

Good Luck,

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

rohit will be eternally grateful.