Completely reset from factory settings

PC USER GIVEN 1ST APPLE PRODUCT: LOST NEEDS HELP!!

I was given an Apple Ibook G4 model number A1134 as a gift recently although I have a little problem. Okay make that more like a medium sized, problem maybe even large. Issue is I dont have the password to the former owners user account.

Apple Ibook G4

Model Number: A1134

Operating system: Mac OS X

Is there a way to reset the laptop itself from factory settings?

Or bypass the password login?

Or anything at all i can do or was this gift pointless?

SOMEONE HELP A PC USER OUT!!! IVE NEVER HAD A MAC BEFORE, IM LOST!!

Power on your iBook and press the "Command" and "S" keys at the same time as the computer boots. Cease holding the two buttons when you see a black computer screen appear with white text. Type "-uw/" and press "Enter."

Here's the specs on your machine: http://everymac.com/systems/apple/ibook/...

It originally came with system X 10.4.2 (8D37)

It will take up to system 10.5.8. You may be able to get 10.4 direct from Apple for $16. Give them a call with your serial number and ask. This being to costly, try ebay. When you boot from the CD, you can go to the second screen pull down menu to Utilities > Change password, and just get rid of the old password.

just google "How to restart mac with terminal"

The gift giver should help you with the password. There are ways around the old FIRMWARE pass word if the original owner can't remember it.

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.''

Worthless.

This will allow you to gain access to your macbook

Step 1 of 6

Power on your iBook and press the "Command" and "S" keys at the same time as the computer boots. Cease holding the two buttons when you see a black computer screen appear with white text.

Step 2 of 6

Type "-uw/" and press "Enter." This will allow you to make changes to the hard drive.

Step 3 of 6

Type "Systemstarter" and press "Enter" to run "NetInfo" (this allows you to make changes to the user accounts on your iBook). A vast amount of messages will begin appearing on your screen. When you see the message "System started" appear, hit "Enter" to display a command prompt.

Step 4 of 6

Type "niutil -list . /users" and press "Enter." A list of the user accounts on your iBook will now appear.

Step 5 of 6

Find the name of the account you are wanting to use (most likely the administrator account) and type "passwd user --" (replace "user" with the name of the account you will be using). The command prompt will tell you twice that you are changing the password for the account you chose to change; therefore, enter the name of the account twice (ensure you are typing the name of the account correctly and the "Caps Lock" is off as you will not see what you are typing).

Step 6 of 6

Type "reboot" and press "Enter" to restart your iBook. The account you want to unlock will now be completely unlocked, allowing you to freely log into the account without any trouble whatsoever.

Not working

I entered /sbin/fsck -fy and then systemstarter, screen says "could not create IPC bootstrap port. Then entered niutil -list . /users and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Steve

Just had an epiphany and the information all came to me! Thanks God

after restarting press the command+s button until a black screen with white words comes up

then type:

mount -uw /

rm /var/db/ .applesetupdone

shutdown -h now

Worked great for me, hope this helps :D

''Oh how wrong you are, !@#$ and I wish you were correct. I just followed every thing you layed out and i rebooted back to the same Darwin from !@#$ screen.

Why is what I'm writting have the added swearing ( !&%?)

My keyboard is broken and I use the on screen keyboard is there a way to do this without typing on using the on screen keyboard?

Does anyone know how to enable cookies on an iBook g4?

no black screen appeared even i hold it..its loading to login windows again and again

.....It's loading Windows.....?!

Is there a way to change the serial number of a mac when they replace the logic bd and now it has a new serial number?

Rachel Ross will be eternally grateful.