0

Shai
167

How to open iPhone 4 with no traces? Possible?

I am gonna repair an iPhone 4 for the first time.

what do I need to have, in order to make the closing smooth?

A glue?

I tried to fix iPhone 3Gs once in my life (I am new with these repairs), and after I reassembled it, there was a space between the Bazel and the Frame/back.

so I wonder if it could happen also with the iPhone 4?

Please advice,

thanks!

Edited by: osvaldo, mayer, rab777hp, and oldturkey03 ( )

2

Brad

Just have to get the right screwdriver for the job. Some iP4 have Phillips #00 screw, other iP4 have Apple Pentalobe screw. Just do not strip them or it will be difficult to open the phone. I imagine if you take an iP4 to Apple Store without the screws, they would be very nice and replace them for free. The back piece just slides up a bit and then out, no glue.

Hi, What do you mean:"Just do not strip them or it will be difficult to open the phone". Strip the screws? I dont understand :-/ So except a right screwdriver and a spudger.. I don't need anything? I'm asking because After opening a 3GS, I had to use Glue for pasting the space between the Basel to the frame. And this space happend because of the repair :-/ Tnx :)

Shai,

0

Dante Bertana
307

I just want to add, don't use any metal objects for prying. You would probably end up scratching the aluminum band around the device. I would recommend a credit card or guitar pick at minimum. Preferably, you should use a spudger for any prying or disconnecting of ribbon cable.

Thanks! After reassembly The device.. Will the device have any traces or signs that show that I have opened it?

Shai,

0

I Geek Therefore I am
1

You need to watch disassemble videos on Youtube friend. There is NO GLUE used in reassembly of the iPhone 3 or 3S. There are pre-cut adhesive strips you can purchase to do the job correctly (and this is only for replacing the glass?). You take out 2 screws, the phone opens like a clam shell, then when closed back up you simply put the screws back in. iPhone 4 has a 3 part frame unlike the 3 or 3GS. The LCD is actually attached to the glass as well (best to replace BOTH for cracked glass). I hope you faired well friend!!!

0

Krayzee
137

yes it is possible to open an iphone 4 without leaving any traces that anyone has been inside, its actually very simple, im just having trouble killing the phone without leaving any damage marks, if you need any help opening without leaving any marks, let me know, ill show you how to do it

Why not just tell us?

mayer,

It's actually easy just remember where all the screws go, what I do is make a map with the screws so I know which one goes where, the warranty sticker I don't go at with a screw driver I peel the sticker off using a very special tool I have, I don't know how to describe it apart from a miniature but very sharp knife, the hardest part I think is taking the battery out because sOmetimea it gets stuck in the middle housing and taking it out gently without leaving a mark on it is very difficult, any questions Mayer?

Krayzee,