Teardowns I've Worked On
Guides I've Contributed To
Page 1 of 9
My Favorite Guides
Page 1 of 7
- I've seen this before but don't remember the problem. I ran an older version of tech Tool Pro and the artifact ( square and l...
- Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.1 13" (White-08) Specs Identifiers: Early 2008 - MB402LL/A* - MacBook4,1 - A1181 - 2242 I'm havi...
- I've seen so many problems with the hard drive/IR cable in the 2009-2011 MacBook Pro machines, I want to try the newer cable,...
- I have a top loading 20 year old Whirlpool washing machine. The agitator is rotating very slowly and I am hearing a grinding ...
- I've been using Media Feed OS X app for several years as a download manager. I buy credits from Rapid Share to use it. The ap...
- I have a customer with a new 2013 i5 MacMini running 10.8.3. She wants me to transfer her data from a Power Macintosh G5 2.0 ...
- I cloned in a new hard drive with 10.4 & OS9 using Superdupper. The machine will boot to the new OSX but I get a flashing flo...
- Now that we're seeing more SSD flash cards in Apple laptops I am looking for a Universal SSD flash card adapter. I've seen th...
- I broke a glass and it got in the disposal and jammed it. My hand is to big to get in there to clean it out. Is there a way t...
- I got in a A1226 with a failing hard drive. It also has a bad optical drive. The machine would not fully boot. Put it in Targ...
Page 1 of 10
- Sure, that would be fine.
- How much life they have left in them.
- This is most likely a hard drive issue. See if you can format and put a system on your drive using another Mac, then put it back in.
- I'm having luck getting these nVidia 8600 boards repaired. eBay has a guy in Florida that will do the whole job for $150 or $75 if you just ship the logic board. He is a bit slow (5 weeks).
- Plug in your old Mac using a Firewire cable. Boot it up holding down the "T" key to put it into Target Mode. The hard drive icon should show up on your new machine. Use Migration assistant to move all your apps and user data.
- First let's find out the condition of your battery. Download and run Coconut Battery and let us know your results. http://www.coconut-flavour.com
- It can be put into a OWC Envoy enclosure and possibly accessed via USB onto another machine. Here's the enclosure: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/MAU3E...
- Disconnect the hard drive and see if it will boot from the original system DVD, let us know your results.
- The most common problem I've had with these machines is the hard drive/ IR sleep sensor cables going bad. They create all sorts of maladies including sleep and back light issues. They will also destroy hard drives. So try replacing the cable and use a hard drive from a known good machine (any 10.7 + system works for me. If nothing else it's a cheap repair attempt and the first thing I do on these machines. (so keep extra 13" & 15" cables on hand).
- Try this repair kit: Backpack Waist Strap - 2" - Universal - Backpack Repair - Extentions - No Sewing http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backpack-Waist-Strap-2-Universal-Backpack-Repair-Extentions-No-Sewing-/151202633068
Page 1 of 718
Great idea! How about adding an attachment to the bottom of the stand to hold a book open. Maybe use the speaker case cut to size. Affix it using the holes for the RAM access plate.
As the glass may be broken on these, I found that putting Duct tape across the broken screen helped keep it together better for easier removal. Also you might want to watch the small suction cup that comes in the kit as the metal pull ring melts right out, I had to use my bigger suction cups.
Thanks for a much needed guide addition! Great work!
This was probably the first guide I tried writing. I'm sure I made some errors and one is the order 7 should be before 6 but I don't know how to change it. You're more than welcome to try to improve it. These things aren't written in stone and most have contributions from many people. I'm done this many times without damaging any wires. You damaged the wires when forcing, I clipped the tabs off so that it wasn't forced, after all the thing is held on with screws.
Approximate replacement time 2hrs 15 mins