- Yes, the replacement part is the iPhone 4S charging port assembly with flex cable, lower mic and home button connector. It is all a single part.
- The uppr mic is used for Voice Memo and Speaker Calls. First step is to clean the small pin hole at the top of iPhone next to Headphone Jack. Clean this out, use straightened small staple, air, whatever you can.
- The lower mic on the Charging Port Assembly with Flex Cable and Home Button Connector with mic, is the mic in question. If the mic is faulty, the repair part is the whole Charging Port Assembly.
- Check your work very carefully. Make sure the LCD Display Flex cable is perfectly pressed down to the logic board connector. Make sure the Dock Flex cable is perfectly pressed down to the logic board connector. Make sure the battery connector is perfect.
- The iPhone 4 batteries are all the same, GSM, CDMA, 8, 16, 32 GB. There are no improved batteries for the iPhone 4. Be very careful, disconnecting battery at terminal, use plastic tool. Be very careful removing battery itself, many are stuck down pretty well. Go slow, be careful.
- Finally the digitizer gave out. That is why there is no touch response. The repair will cover everything, since the replacement part is iPhone 4 front screen assembly.
- First step would be to check and make sure that the WiFi Antenna Flex #6 has not come loose, which is fairly common. Turn iPhone OFF, and make sure it is OFF when opening and during all repair of iPhone 3GS, or you risk damage to LCD Display or its logic board controllers. Flex number 6 is often difficult to seat perfectly to the logic board. If this is the case loosen the screw that goes through it, press number 6 back down perfect, then re-tighten screw.
- Clean iPhone charging port with toothbrush and small amount of Isopropyl Alcohol. If still problem, do not worry about it. I have never turned my iPhone off, it stays on permanently. It will turn off, but I will miss calls and texts. If you really want to fix this, and cleaning dock does not fix it, replace charging port with attached flex cable, lower mic, home button connector.
- Replace battery. See if fixed. If not, replace charging port assembly with attached flex cable, lower mic, home button connector.
- Try another Phillips #00 screwdriver. Do not strip the screws!!!
Page 1 of 59