Repair Guide FAQ
Why write repair guides? ¶
- Help us fix the world.
- Empower others by showing them how to fix their devices.
- Show your friends how smart you are.
- Show what's inside the devices that people use every day.
- Show the world how stuff works.
- For the sheer joy of tinkering.
- Teach everyone else how to open their devices.
How are repair guides licensed? ¶
You are free to republish, share, and remix repair guides as long as you attribute the source link, use it for a noncommercial purpose, and distribute any modifications of the repair guide under a similar license.
We're very open to people using repair guides in other creative ways. If you want to use a repair guide for a commercial purpose, contact kyle [at] ifixit [dot] com.
Members of the press may use three repair guide photos per story with attribution without specific permission. More generous press licensing is easily obtainable by emailing us.
Also see the licensing page for more more details on using content.