These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Samsung Galaxy S II T-989, also known as the Samsung Hercules or the Samsung SGH-T989, was released in October of 2011.
The device weighs 135 g (4.67 oz) and has dimensions of 129.8 x 68.8 x 9.4 mm (5.11 x 2.71 x 0.37 in). To see additional specifications for this device, go to the Samsung Galaxy S II T989 Full Specifications link under the Additional Information section.
The outer appearance of the phone features a T-Mobile brand name, written below the front speaker, and four touchscreen buttons along the bottom of the phone. The main difference between this model of the Galaxy SII, compared to Verizon of AT&T's version, is the camera on the back is vertically aligned. It comes in titanium and white color options.
Though the phone can be identified by the name Galaxy S II, on the back case you'll have to look at the original packaging or turn the phone on to find the model number. To find the model number of the S8 Active, go to Settings→ About phone.
- Dimensions: 129.8 x 68.8 x 9.4 mm (5.11 x 2.71 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 135 g (4.76 oz)
- SIM: Mini-SIM
- Display: Super AMOLED Plus
- Size: 4.52 inches, 58.2 cm2 (~65.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels, 5:3 ratio (~206 ppi density)
- OS: Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread), upgradable to 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Chipset: Qualcomm APQ8060 Snapdragon S3
- CPU: Dual-core 1.5 GHz Scorpion
- GPU: Adreno 220
- Card Slot: microSDHC (dedicated slot), 8 GB included
- Internal: 16GB 1GB RAM, 32GB 1GB RAM
- Main Camera: 8 MP, AF
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: 2 MP
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 3.0, A2DP, aptX
- Positioning: GPS, A-GPS
- USB: microUSB 2.0 (MHL TV-out), OTG
- Sensors: IAccelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 1850 mAh battery