These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
With the S8 series, Samsung's line of Galaxy phones gets tantalizingly close to the vaunted "nothing but display" ideal. With a curved edge-to-edge display, minimal top and bottom bezels, and a relocated fingerprint sensor, Samsung's smartphones are visually stunning—but like their predecessors, troublesome to repair.
The S8 and S8+ appear almost identical apart from their dimensions and screen size—the smaller S8 features a 5.8" display, with the same 2960 x 1440 resolution as its larger 6.2" sibling.
The S8 comes in Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Coral Blue, Arctic Silver, and Maple Gold.
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm
- Weight: 155 g
- Display: 5.8" Quad HD+ Super AMOLED with 2960x1440 resolution (~570 ppi)
- Rear/Main Camera: Dual Pixel 12 MP AF with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), 4K video, f/1.7 Aperture
- Front/Selfie Camera: 8 MP AF, f/1.7
- Processor: Octa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (or Samsung Exynos 8895), with 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage: 64 GB internal, expandable via MicroSD card (up to 256 GB additional)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM, Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)
- Ports: USB Type-C, 3.5 mm audio jack
- SIM: Dual/Hybrid SIM slot: one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Water and dust resistance: IP68
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Charging: Fast Charging on wired and wireless; wireless charging supports WPC and PMA
- Iris Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Geomagnetic Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- RGB Light Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensors (front and rear)