Airport Extreme Card
- DC-In Boards (1)
- Display Adapters (1)
- Display Components (1)
- Hard Drive Enclosures (1)
- Hard Drives (1)
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Track down a number of hardware problems using the PowerBook G4 Aluminum 12" troubleshooting guide.
There are a number of components in the PowerBook G4 Aluminum 12" 1-1.5 GHz that can be cost effectively upgraded.
- Memory: RAM increases speed and performance of applications. Upgrading RAM is easy and requires minimal disassembly. The Aluminum 12" 1-1.5 GHz uses PC2700 RAM, and we offer different sizes, from 128 MB to 1 GB. Check out our easy PowerBook G4 Aluminum 12" 1-1.5 GHz RAM installation instructions.
- Hard Drive: Upgrade your hard drive and gain more storage. Browse our hard drives to find what works best for you. With our tools and instructions, you can install your new hard drive yourself!
- Optical Drive: The optical drive can be upgraded fairly easily. You can upgrade to a combo drive or SuperDrive. If you're sure you don't need to burn DVDs, a combo drive will suffice, while the SuperDrive will allow you to burn DVDs as well as CDs. Check out our easy PowerBook G4 Aluminum 12" 1-1.5 GHz Optical Drive installation instructions.
- Wireless: Add an AirPort Extreme Card to your Aluminum 12" 1-1.5 GHz. You can use our free guides to install your new AirPort card.
Identification and Background ¶
The 1 GHz PowerBook G4 Aluminum was released almost three quarters after the original 867 MHz version hit shelves. Improvements over the initial release include better graphics, larger standard hard drives, USB 2.0 functionality, and a mini-DVI output.
Use the laptop identification system to help you identify your machine. PowerBooks tend to look very similar, and it's important to know which machine you have before ordering any replacement parts.