- Consumables (2)
- Fans (1)
- Hard Drive Brackets (1)
- Hard Drive Enclosures (1)
- Hard Drive Kits (1)
- Hard Drives (1)
- Hard Drives (SATA) (4)
- Heat Sinks (1)
- iFixit Exclusives (1)
- Logic Boards (4)
- Memory Maxxer Kits (1)
- Power Supplies (1)
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
You can cost-effectively upgrade a number of components in the Mac mini Mid 2011.
- Memory: If your Mac mini is still running with only the stock RAM, upgrading will provide a dramatic performance boost at minimal cost. Upgrading to the maximum of 16 GB (two 8 GB modules) is simple and provides unmatched performance.
- Hard Drive: A 500 GB hard drive came standard with the Mid 2011 Mac mini. You can upgrade the drive up to 2 TB to expand your storage.
- Dual Hard Drives: The 2011 Mac mini has a second SATA socket on its logic board and plenty of room to install a second 2.5" hard drive. By installing a second drive you can greatly expand your storage capabilities or even install a solid state drive for lightning fast boot times.
Identification and Background
A year after its release, the A1347 Mac mini was updated to include a thunderbolt port, Core i5 or i7 processors, and one less optical drive. Apple promised "2x faster everything" for this Mac mini.
This Model can be differentiated from its predecessors by the lack of the optical drive opening in the front of the device and by the thunderbolt port on the back of the device.
- Height: 1.4 inches (3.6 cm)
- Width: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Depth: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.22kg)
- Dual-core Intel Core i5 or i7
- 2 GB of 1333 MHz DDR3
- Configurable to 4 GB or 8 GB
- 500 GB (5400 rpm) hard drive
- Both models configurable to 750 GB (7200 rpm) hard drive; 2.5 GHz model also configurable to 256 GB solid-state drive or 256 GB solid-state drive and 750 GB (7200 rpm) hard drive.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 288 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory or AMD Radeon HD 6630M graphics processor with 256 MB of GDDR5 memory
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Built-in speaker
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Four USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- HDMI port
- SDXC card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Audio in/out
- Bluetooth 4.0