These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
Looking for a teardown? We opened up the fanless Air to check out Apple’s new hardware in November 2020.
The late 2020 13” MacBook Air is updated with Apple’s new M1 chip, marking the start of their transition away from Intel-based systems. The MacBook Air 13” Retina Late 2020 joins the MacBook Pro 13” Late 2020 and Mac mini Late 2020 as the three devices to initially sport the new Apple silicon. This 13” MacBook Air is visually identical to the previous model.
Starting at $999, it is available in either Gold, Silver, or Space Gray.
Identified by model numbers A2337 / EMC 3598.
- 13.3" LED-backlit IPS panel with True Tone; 2560 x 1600 pixels (16:10 aspect ratio, 227 ppi); P3 wide color gamut; Lower resolutions supported
- Apple M1 3.2 GHz 8-core CPU, 16-core Neural Engine
- Apple M1 integrated 7-core GPU, configurable to 8 cores
- 256 GB PCIe-based SSD, configurable to 512 GB, 1 TB, or 2 TB
- 8 GB of unified memory, configurable to 16 GB
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Built-in 49.9-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 15 hours of web browsing, up to 18 hours of video playback
- Height: 0.63 in tapered to 0.16 in (0.41–1.61 cm)
- Width: 11.97 in (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 in (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 lbs (1.29 kg)
- 2× Thunderbolt / USB 4 port (Thunderbolt 3, USB-C 3.1 Gen 2)
- 1× 3.5 mm headphone jack