What resistors are missing on this MacBook Air A1466 Logic Board?
Where are the Power-on pads for A1466 model MacBook Air 13" 2017?
Compatible SSD's with MacBook Air 2017
Does A1405 battery fit the A1466 MacBook?
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A1466 (EMC 3178 MacBookAir7,2) 1.8 GHz, A1466 (EMC 3178 MacBookAir7,2) 2.2 GHz
Background and Identification
Apple released the updated 13" MacBook Air on June 5, 2017. The model number, A1466 / EMC 3178, remains the same as previous years, but internally the Air gets Intel's newer Broadwell ULT dual-core processor, and a slight boost in battery life thanks to that chip's increased efficiency.
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- 128 GB or 256 GB Flash Storage
- 1.8 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache
- 8 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 on-board memory
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Graphics and Video:
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Two USB 3.0 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt 2 port (up to 20 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- SDXC card slot
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.96 pounds (1.35 kg)
- Apple's MacBook Air Product Page