These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If you are not sure what is wrong with your Lenovo, head over to the Lenovo Essential G560 Troubleshooting.
The Lenovo Essential G560 laptop is part of the G series from Lenovo. The G560 model was released in 2010, weighs 5.73 lbs, and is approximately 14.8 x 9.8 x 1.37 inches.
For additional identification information, search for your model description on the Laptop Identification Tag, located on the underside of your computer.
This laptop is not very difficult to repair. Once the back panel has been removed, the laptop components are not difficult to remove or replace. Most parts within the laptop can be purchased from an electronics store, with the exception of the keyboard. The keyboard is specialty made for the Lenovo Essential G560 and should be purchased directly from Lenovo.
This laptop comes with one of the following CPUs, depending on the model purchased
- Intel® Core™ i5-520M (2.40GHz, 3MB Cache)
- Intel® Core™ i5-430M (2.26GHz, 3MB Cache)
- Intel® Core™ i3-350M (2.26GHz, 3MB Cache)
- Intel® Core™ i3-330M (2.13GHz, 3MB Cache)
- Intel® Core™ Pentium-P6200 (2.13GHz, 3MB Cache)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium
- 4GB (DDR3)
- Intel® HD Graphics (integrated)
- 376.8mm x 249.8mm x 34.9mm (14.8" x 9.8" x 1.37")
- Tray-in DVD reader/writer
- 2.0MP integrated webcam
- 15.6" LED backlit HD VibrantView display (16:9 widescreen)
- 2.6 kgs (5.73 lbs)
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- 1 eSATA/USB combo port
- ExpressCard/34 slot (optional)
- Headphone jack
- Mic jack
- VGA port
- HDMI port
- 5-in-1 card reader (MMC/MS/MS-Pro/SD/xD-PC) Storage
- 250GB, 320GB, 500GB (5,400 rpm)
- b/g/n wireless 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
- Full-size ergonomic keyboard
- Up to 4 hours / 6-cell battery