These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Refer to the troubleshooting page if you are having any problems with the HP Pavilion 17-f004dx.
Background and Identification
The HP Pavilion 17-f004dx was released by HP in 2014. Sales of new laptops have been discontinued, but refurbished ones are still available online.
It is a silver, 17.3 inch laptop, weighing 6.23 lbs., with a 750 GB Hard Disk Drive, 6GB of DDR3 RAM, a BrightView WLED-backlit display, and Radeon HD 8610G graphics (with up to 3200MB memory).
It has a full size keyboard with a numeric keypad, two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port, one HDMI port, one LAN, one headphone jack, one digital media card reader, and a front facing camera.
Device information for this laptop can be found by removing the battery and inspecting the newly exposed area of the case. Here, there should be a sticker with the information for your device (serial number, model number, product number, etc.). Verify the model number listed on your device is "17-f004dx".
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- 2.1 GHz up to 2.9 GHz AMD Quad-Core A1-5745M APU (1MB L2 Cache)
- 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
- 6GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
- AMD Radeon HD 8610G (up to 3200MB total memory)
- 1.092 in (H) x 16.51 in (W) x 10.98 in (D)
- 1600 x 900
- SuperMulti DVD burner
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam with dual array digital microphone
- 6.23 lbs.
- Multi-format SD card reader
- Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- One 2.0 USB
- One HDMI
- One LAN (ethernet)
- One Headphone/microphone combo jack
- 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- BeatsAudio dual speakers
- Full-size keyboard with numeric keypad
- HP Imagepad with multi-touch gestures
- 65W AC Power adapter
- 4-cell 41WHr 2.8Ah lithium-ion battery