These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If you are having any problems with your Dell Vostro V13, please visit the troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
The Dell Vostro V13 is a thin, light laptop created to cater to small business owners frequently on the run. At only 3.5 pounds and 0.65 inches thin, it has a thinner and lighter design than others. Yet, it still delivers a large screen display, full-sized keyboard, and 2 USB ports. It has a brushed aluminum case and zinc hinges. The laptop provides a substantial amount of power and storage with a 320GB hard drive and 4GB of RAM.
The Dell Vostro can be identified by a long strip on that goes across the laptop and is above the keyboard but below the screen. On the left portion of the strip, the word Vostro is located with several icons to its right and a power button to its far right.
The laptop was initially released in the fall of 2009. The line was discontinued in 2013 and replaced by newer models in 2015.
- CPU: Intel Celeron M 743, Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 or Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300.
- Memory: 2 GB or 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM @ 1066 MHz.
- Hard Drive: 250 GB SATA @ 5400 RPM, 250 GB SATA @ 7,200 RPM w/Data Encryption or 320 GB or 500 GB SATA @ 7,200 RPM.
- Video Card: Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500MHD.
- Display: 13.3" LED-backlit widescreen w/1366x768 resolution.
- Wireless: Dell Wireless 1397 802.11b/g or Intel PRO/Wireless 5100 802.11b/g/n.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth™ 2.1.
- Webcam: Integrated 1.3 MP Webcam.
- Battery: 6-cell (30 Whr) Lithium-Ion Battery.
- Optical Drive: External 8X DVD+/-RW Drive (Optional).