These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The BLU Vivo 5 is an Android smartphone produced by BLU, an American consumer electronics company. The 5 was produced through a partnership between BLU and Vivo Communication Technology Co. Ltd., a Chinese technology company. The BLU Vivo 5 was released in February 2016.
BLU Vivo 5 features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 720 by 1280 pixels. It was sold with the Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system, upgradable to 6.0 Marshmallow. The phone includes a 13-megapixel main camera and a 5-megapixel selfie camera. The Vivo 5 includes 32 GB of internal storage and 3 GB of RAM. The phone includes a shared SIM and microSDXC slot that can be used to expand the phone’s internal storage. The 5R includes hybrid dual-SIM capabilities, meaning it can contain either a Micro-SIM or Nano-SIM card and can operate with one while the other is in standby. The BLU Vivo 5 includes a 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB-C 2.0 port. It includes a 3150 mAh non-removable battery, meaning the battery’s adhesive is permanent, making repair and replacement more difficult, but not necessarily impossible.
The BLU Vivo 5 was released in silver and gold body colors. It includes the name '“BLU” in capital letters in the center of the phone’s backing. The phone includes the Android three-button navigation system with a ‘home’ button in the center of the phone’s bottom bezel (indicated with a house-shaped button), a ‘back’ button on the left side of the ‘home’ button (indicated with an arrow pointing to the left), and a ‘show-all-open-applications’ button on the right side of the ‘home’ button (indicated by a square).
Release date: February 2016
- Dimensions and Weight: 151.9 x 74.6 x 6.9 mm (5.98 x 2.94 x 0.27 in), 142.6 (5.04 oz)
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro-SIM/Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED
- Size: 5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~73.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~267 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- OS: Android 5.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6753 (28 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T720MP3
- Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 32GB 3GB RAM
- Single: 13 MP, PDAF
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Single: 5 MP
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- Radio: FM radio
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type: Li-Ion 3150 mAh, non-removable
- Colors: Silver, Gold