These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For additional help with any trouble you may be experiencing, please visit the tablet's troubleshooting page.
Background & Identification ¶
The Amazon Kindle HD 7 (4th Generation) launched in September 2014. It was developed by Amazon, one of the world's largest online retailers. The Kindle has been one of the top e-book reading devices since its release and consistently competes with top-of-the-line tablets.
Although it was primarily designed for e-book reading, the kindle HD 7 has many additional capabilities. This model is equipped with a 1280x800 pixel 7 inch screen, a front and rear camera with 0.3 and 2 megapixels, respectively. A 1.5 GHz quad-core processor with 8/16 GB of memory and unlimited cloud storage through Amazon. This device operates on Amazon's Fire OS 4.0 operating software and can connect to the internet, download apps, stream movies and more.
This device can be identified by:
- Amazon encryption on the back plastic portion of the device.
- The power and USB port are located along the edge on the top right hand corner.
- The mic and headphone input are located along the edge on the top left hand corner.
- The volume control is located along the edge on the upper left side of the device.
- The rear camera is located on the upper right-hand corner.
- The speakers are located along the left back-side of the device.