Keurig Elite

Black and silver single cup coffee maker with water reservoir on the left hand side.

Why is my machine so loud?

My Keurig Elite is great, except that it makes a very loud brewing noise that has gotten worse and worse over time. Is there anything I can do to make it not so noisy? My household's members tend to brew coffee early in the morning when at least one person is asleep.

Besides the noise, does it still brew okay? Any other issues yet?

by oldturkey03

Mine does/did the same thing, I believe mine was caused by hard water. I followed Keurig's instructions on "de-scaling" and it helps a bit.

http://www.keurig.com/customer-service/b...

I use only Dasani bottled water and got rid of the obnoxious noise. Still de-scale every couple months.

no dosnt brew full cub

I've decaled my machine, used filtered water, used bottled water and still the noise persists. It's sad that they can make such a great coffee machine with such an annoying problem. Otherwise, I love it!!

The first on market models are inherently noisy because of the pump, not the heating block. Ours was a gift, and was just introduced to market. It is, and always has been, noisy when pumping, not when heating water. There's nothing you can do about this except buy a later version that has this issue worked out. This is why, as a rule, I do not buy first generation products. Descale, when it is needed, or indicated by some Keurig models, but do not overdo it. Using expensive, dollar a bottle, bottled water is silly, unnecessary, and actually adversely affects the flavor of good Arabica coffee. Tap water is best.

I have the newest version (2.0 K550), it has made an annoying noise since day 1.

Permalink • History • Edit • Delete I have the newest version (2.0 K550), it has made an annoying noise since day 1.

by jennifer

Love my machine ! Although super loud for sure.

Does suck while making coffee early.. Noise patrol

Gets !#^&@@.

Just bought K560 and it's so loud, wondering if this is normal for these brewers. This is also our first Keurig and don't know what to expect. Love all the features and how easy it is to use, just wish the noise didn't sound like my machine is about to break!

Sparrow will be eternally grateful.