Black and silver single cup coffee maker with water reservoir on the left hand side.

Why is my machine so loud?

My Keurig Elite is great, except that it makes a very loud brewing noise that has gotten worse and worse over time. Is there anything I can do to make it not so noisy? My household's members tend to brew coffee early in the morning when at least one person is asleep.

Besides the noise, does it still brew okay? Any other issues yet?

Mine does the same thing, has since we took it out of the box. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Mine does/did the same thing, I believe mine was caused by hard water. I followed Keurig's instructions on "de-scaling" and it helps a bit.

http://www.keurig.com/customer-service/b...

I de-scaled mine too and the noise doesn't quiet down until the water level is low.

This unit started rumbling and sounding extremely loud a month after we purchased it! It works fine but is extremely noisy. We use RO water only, have cleaned it and nothing changes this rattling noise. Other Keurig units in the past never sounded like this.

My two Elites are both very noisy, one worse than the other. I cleaned them and de scaled them but no improvement. I finally replaced one with a new 2. 0 which I love the look of....so far so good but disappointed in the old versions.

We are on our 4th replacement and it's still noisy-K55

Most Helpful Answer

Just bought K560 and it's so loud, wondering if this is normal for these brewers. This is also our first Keurig and don't know what to expect. Love all the features and how easy it is to use, just wish the noise didn't sound like my machine is about to break!

The first on market models are inherently noisy because of the pump, not the heating block. Ours was a gift, and was just introduced to market. It is, and always has been, noisy when pumping, not when heating water. There's nothing you can do about this except buy a later version that has this issue worked out. This is why, as a rule, I do not buy first generation products. Descale, when it is needed, or indicated by some Keurig models, but do not overdo it. Using expensive, dollar a bottle, bottled water is silly, unnecessary, and actually adversely affects the flavor of good Arabica coffee. Tap water is best.

Where do you pay $1.00 for a bottle of water???

It's more than a dollar in gas stations, in Va....and people still buy it..!

Went to a Boat race,it was 4.

Can get 24 at Homedepot for 3.

Using dollar a bottle, bottled water may clog your Keurig! drinking water often is bottled with spring water, which contains minerals, which people like the taste of, but is the bane of water heating devices! The heating of the water concentrated the minerals until the concentration of the minerals, precipitate out of the water and along all the passages in your expensive coffee maker's water injection needle that puts the water into the coffee pod. Where it mixes for a few seconds with the coffee grounds and drains out the bottom of the cup through the hole pierced into it when you placed it into the the machine.

Once the passages get too clogged, you either get a Descale error light, which is detected by electrical performance changes in the heater, or by slow or total clogging of the output of the pump, which gives you that pumping up sound then the big click as the pressure climbs too high to push the water into the K Cup! Then you are doing the paper clip needle clean out routine to get it flowing again

I use only Dasani bottled water and got rid of the obnoxious noise. Still de-scale every couple months.

that's a pretty pricey fix..

I've decaled my machine, used filtered water, used bottled water and still the noise persists. It's sad that they can make such a great coffee machine with such an annoying problem. Otherwise, I love it!!

I agree, this is the third Keurig brewer I have had, and the second 2.0. Never noisy, but this new one K575 Is VERY NOISY! I always filtered water.

Just purchased my K575....the pump is so loud! Wish I hadn't purchased the newer, higher priced version of Keurig. So very disappointed!

I just bought my K575 plus and the pump is so loud the whole time brewing does your do that?

My keruig 2.0 is loud also. It wasn't until about the 30th or so cup. Grinding motor noise like it is breaking. Annoying to say the least.

Same problem, this is my second 2.0 machine, just purchased the 575 and it is VERY loud.

My K575 plus, which I just bought, squeaks like the pump needs oil at the end of the brew cycle. Not like it's drawing in water but like at the end when it's finishing pushing it out into the cup. Does it for hot water or kcup. Is this normal or should I send it back?

Bought my 2,0 for a Christmas to replace my first one which was the single cup Keurig machine from Sam's Club,. This 2,0 is fine in looks but runs like a LOUD train when brewing the water and brewing the coffee. It wakes up the house, also not sure the water gets as hot as it did initially. Only has less than 30 days. This is Totally not acceptable. I am returning it today to Sam's Club. Such a horrible mistake and waste of my time,. Expected more from Sam's, I hate this coffee maker. Disappointed!!!

I have always used bottled water , buy it by the gallon - 99 cents . I found delicous spring water hsd it tested

and was pure and great water . So I started using it in my Keurig and it started making all this grumbling and popping noise when it brews . So , I descaled it and went back to botttled water , and it is fine now . Must

be the spring water is loaded with minerals , and that is good for you , but not the Keurig .

Looks like everyone is trying to blame the water - but if it makes horrible loud noises when brewing, as mine does, it appears more a manufacturing defect than an "operator" problem. I would guess Keurig changed factories and the new one is using inferior parts. And this has apparently been going on for a couple of years, so it is apparent the manufacturer is in no hurry to fix it. Once we decide to NOT replace our Keurig coffee maker and hit the manufacturer in the pocket book - they will start paying attention.

I agree. I follow all of their instructions, recommendations and suggestions, to no avail. It's finally starting to have other issues and I'll be doing just as you said and replacing mine with a Cuisinart. My husband has the old one we replaced with this Keurig and it still works fabulously.

With so many complaints over the same issue, what does Keurig plan to do to satisfy its customers? The noise is totally unacceptable, and I'm tired of having to explain the grating, grinding noise to my guests. This is unfortunate because the Keurig coffee machine process makes great coffee. Keurig, are you listening?

Sparrow will be eternally grateful.