Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

erratic charging with new magsafe 85w charger

Purchased a new battery eight months ago and a new magsafe 85w charger from the apple store; still this macbook charges for awhile and then stops unless I unplug the laptop from the charger several times until the charging icon is displayed; what should I do; do I need to replace the charging board; kindly

Yes I would suspect the DC-in board, as long as you know there has been no liquid spilled in the machine. (Be certain you've cleaned the connector points, pad at the laptop, corrosion or debris there might also interfere.) If there's been a liquid spill in the past it might be the connector(s) or portion(s) of the logic board that connects to the battery. Opening the unit will show if there's residue or corrosion of the components.

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.

Trinity will be eternally grateful.