Mid 2006 / model number A1181 / black or white case / 1.83 or 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo processor.

509 Questions View all

Random performance after waterdamage

Not much water was spilled on the closed Computer who was in sleep mode. the water was wiped off. I thought it was o.k. but when I tried in the morning

the light in front was permanently on,

the display was dark also after pushing the strart button

The battery showede fully loaded on the back.

A few hours later there was a second try and it started normal and was oerforming as usual.

It was at night the computer was put on sleep mode.

Next morning no performance.

After pushing start button long time lite went off.

Taking Battery out cleaning the connectors with alkohol.

The computer started again normal,

Internet copnnection worked Itunes worked

but after a few minutes it shut off without warning as if there was no power.

Now it starts with battery which shows battery about 87% loaded

then I try getting Mail started, display goes black

computer tries to start 2 times again on

it´s own but does not make it.

It acts as if there was not enough Power, but battery shows 4 green dots

The power adaptor shows only green lite, so no loading happens.

Suspition, that water came in where the display joins the case in that turning link

can I take that off and clean the connections there or is it a cable in the joint to the display?

I did not find any discription bout that joint.

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

You'll have to identify your machine, follow the suggestions for opening it and troubleshooting/cleaning liquid damage. You might only have some corrosion problems inside, but YOU MAY HAVE FRIED YOUR MACHINE. Only looking inside will tell.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

The same thing happen to my PowerBook G4 15". I thought the power logic board was fried. I took it to a local repair shop and they said most likely the same thing. They wouldn't touch it for less then $80. bucks, just to diagnose the problem. Then after that, the board was going to cost about $600. To make a long story short.... I didn't have the frog skins to repair it at the time so it got put away in Dec. 2008 and in June 2011 my wife decided to plug it in to charge the battery cause she could finally afford to repair it for me as a surprise. Tried to power it up to see what she would say to the tech and Wahh-Lahh!!!! It was back in action. The only thing wrong was the battery would not charge. But thats not a $700.oo problem! I know my Powerbook is a bit old school now but I still tote it proudly. My Advice is stop plugging the ^&%% thing in and trying to see what its going to do today. If you haven't fried it yet, you will eventually. These lap tops are very compact and tight, moisture can get inside, in between things and last there for months or maybe even years, specially if the liquid has some sort of sugar. Good Luck!

Old Skool

(PowerBook G4 15'')

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Rajendra will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 451