Android-based media tablet by Amazon with 7" multi-touch color display. Repair requires only screwdrivers and prying tools.

downloaded books wont open up

I have books downloaded to my Kindle Fire and can not open them

Have you ever been able to ANY books? Where did you download them from and what format are they in?

Amazon. Yes I always have been able open my books.

its on my reading list, but reverts to "buy" page when i press on it

Just try deregistering and registering your device again under settings my account.

I have been reading these books but this one will not show

Most Helpful Answer

Karen, here is what Amazon says "If you're having problems opening a book from your Device tab, try redownloading the book:

From the Device tab in your Books content library, press and hold the title of the book you want to delete.

Tap Remove from Device.

Tap the Cloud tab, then tap the item to start redownloading it again.

If you see an error message when downloading a book from the Cloud tab, try tapping on the title again to restart the download.

If you're still having problems, try restarting your Kindle Fire: press and hold the power button, tap the Shut Down button when it appears on the screen. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire." From here Of course you also have to make sure the Kindle is set to Device and not the Cloud. It is possible that the book is on the device, and if it is not, make sure you download it to your Kindle. Give this a try and let us know.

Its a magazind that wont ooen, i dont know how to re-down load it if i removd it

What if the book does not show up on the device list but is on the cloud list? I have been reading this book on my kindle fire and today i could not open it.

If it's on your cloud list, you can switch it at the top to iCloud and you can read it. I had this problem myself!

Hopefully, you have already figured this out, but...I finally went to Manage Your Content on Amazon and re-delivered EVERY book. They now open. Huge pain to do, but at least it worked.

I went to this spot on Amazon and found that I have no books on there. What the heck... I have over 25 books at least that I got from Amazon. It says I have none.??

This will sound stupid but try simply logging your device off and than back on from settings tab. This solves such problems the fastest.

Yes, it worked! And so simple but I just didn't think of it. Thank you!

It also worked for me. Thank you!

how do you do that on the kindle paperwhite?

Barbara. Depending on your kindle model it should be under settings registration. If you dont find it just go to "My content and devices" ( on the Amazon website My account) the device tab, deregister it from there and simply log back on the device. It should do the trick.

cannot open my books I have downloaded, do not see a setting for it. where showing all 3 items set up etc.

If these are books that are from Amazon try re-downloading.

If they are from another source you need to use a file manager or your computer to move the items from the download folder to the books folder and reboot the Kindle Fire.

In the case that you buy e-books from other sellers you just have to set up the stores email adress as a trusted e-mail adress under the settings tab in "your content and devices" of your amazon account and let the online store send the books to your @kindle.com email adress. Its easier than coppying files back and forth.

I hope I made your life and kindle experience easier:))

Yes and kindle format

carchaseryan , not quite sure if this is an answer or if you are asking a question

I can't open my downloaded book on my kindle. How do I fix it?

I have downloaded kindle books they worked fine now they will not open

I'm having same problem

I am also having that problem, however once in a while it will open briefly, which I have read to me when I'm driving. My voice also stops mid sentence, then starts up again.

I received a gift book, it show's up on my Kindle Fire, but it will not open

I don't have an answer, just answer my question

Anytime that I have had a problem with a book, I power the kindle off, wait 30 seconds, power back on. If that still doesn't work--call Amazon. They do "whatever they do" on their end, and works every time!

You have not helped me

It was working fine but will no longer open, does amazon charge again for deleting in I cloud and downloading again? It doesn't make sense if so.

Why can't I get an answer

Deleting it from the cloud deletes the book from your account and your forfeight your licenses to the book. Normaly in this case you have to buy it again. But bare in mind that on rebuying it you get the exact same file so it makes no sense. Just delete it from device and re download. Try signing your device off and back on beforehand. If that doesnt help and you are within 14 days since you bought it just give it back for a refund.

Why won't one book open. All the others do.

Downloaded books wont open

I was unable to open a book on my KindleFire. I turned the power off for about 30 seconds. I then turned the power on again, entered my PIN, and I was able to open the book.

Karen will be eternally grateful.