Kindle Fire

Android-based media tablet by Amazon with 7" multi-touch color display. Repair requires only screwdrivers and prying tools.

downloaded books wont open up

I have books downloaded to my Kindle Fire and can not open them

Have you ever been able to ANY books? Where did you download them from and what format are they in?

by mayer

Amazon. Yes I always have been able open my books.

by lsoutherland1

Most Helpful Answer

Karen, here is what Amazon says "If you're having problems opening a book from your Device tab, try redownloading the book:

From the Device tab in your Books content library, press and hold the title of the book you want to delete.

Tap Remove from Device.

Tap the Cloud tab, then tap the item to start redownloading it again.

If you see an error message when downloading a book from the Cloud tab, try tapping on the title again to restart the download.

If you're still having problems, try restarting your Kindle Fire: press and hold the power button, tap the Shut Down button when it appears on the screen. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire." From here Of course you also have to make sure the Kindle is set to Device and not the Cloud. It is possible that the book is on the device, and if it is not, make sure you download it to your Kindle. Give this a try and let us know.

Its a magazind that wont ooen, i dont know how to re-down load it if i removd it

by Susan Zoppi

Hopefully, you have already figured this out, but...I finally went to Manage Your Content on Amazon and re-delivered EVERY book. They now open. Huge pain to do, but at least it worked.

If these are books that are from Amazon try re-downloading.

If they are from another source you need to use a file manager or your computer to move the items from the download folder to the books folder and reboot the Kindle Fire.

Yes and kindle format

carchaseryan , not quite sure if this is an answer or if you are asking a question

by oldturkey03

I can't open my downloaded book on my kindle. How do I fix it?

by Debbie

I have downloaded kindle books they worked fine now they will not open

I'm having same problem

by teresafeury

I received a gift book, it show's up on my Kindle Fire, but it will not open

I don't have an answer, just answer my question

You have not helped me

It was working fine but will no longer open, does amazon charge again for deleting in I cloud and downloading again? It doesn't make sense if so.

Why can't I get an answer

by Rachelle Kusari

Why won't one book open. All the others do.

Karen will be eternally grateful.