Android-based media tablet by Amazon with 7" multi-touch color display. Repair requires only screwdrivers and prying tools.

downloaded books wont open up

I have books downloaded to my Kindle Fire and can not open them

Have you ever been able to ANY books? Where did you download them from and what format are they in?

Amazon. Yes I always have been able open my books.

its on my reading list, but reverts to "buy" page when i press on it

Just try deregistering and registering your device again under settings my account.

I have been reading these books but this one will not show

Most Helpful Answer

Karen, here is what Amazon says "If you're having problems opening a book from your Device tab, try redownloading the book:

From the Device tab in your Books content library, press and hold the title of the book you want to delete.

Tap Remove from Device.

Tap the Cloud tab, then tap the item to start redownloading it again.

If you see an error message when downloading a book from the Cloud tab, try tapping on the title again to restart the download.

If you're still having problems, try restarting your Kindle Fire: press and hold the power button, tap the Shut Down button when it appears on the screen. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire." From here Of course you also have to make sure the Kindle is set to Device and not the Cloud. It is possible that the book is on the device, and if it is not, make sure you download it to your Kindle. Give this a try and let us know.

Its a magazind that wont ooen, i dont know how to re-down load it if i removd it

What if the book does not show up on the device list but is on the cloud list? I have been reading this book on my kindle fire and today i could not open it.

If it's on your cloud list, you can switch it at the top to iCloud and you can read it. I had this problem myself!

Worked for me! Thank you so much!

Thank you so much. I'm not sure why but lately I've been having trouble getting my books to open, never had an issue like this until just recently. Now if I could just find out why my font keeps reverting to extra tiny. :(

Hopefully, you have already figured this out, but...I finally went to Manage Your Content on Amazon and re-delivered EVERY book. They now open. Huge pain to do, but at least it worked.

I went to this spot on Amazon and found that I have no books on there. What the heck... I have over 25 books at least that I got from Amazon. It says I have none.??

You might be logged in with the wrong account.

I can't redownload...I was reading my own manuscript and made highlights where changes were needed and now it won't open. :(

Thank you!!! This worked

This will sound stupid but try simply logging your device off and than back on from settings tab. This solves such problems the fastest.

Yes, it worked! And so simple but I just didn't think of it. Thank you!

It also worked for me. Thank you!

how do you do that on the kindle paperwhite?

Barbara. Depending on your kindle model it should be under settings registration. If you dont find it just go to "My content and devices" ( on the Amazon website My account) the device tab, deregister it from there and simply log back on the device. It should do the trick.

Just download the books again. Better yet deregister the device and register it back. If that doesn't do the trick just set your device to factory settings. Your books are saved in the cloud so you do not need to worry about those. If you have fire devices you can lose the game progress if you have any, so keep that in mind.

I removed memory card to solve problem

Karen will be eternally grateful.