2, 2.26, 2.53, or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Can I use my MacBook keyboard and trackpad with my Mac Mini?

My Mac Mini (finally ordered today!) will sit next to my television and I really don't want to have a keyboard and mouse plugged into it. Wireless keyboard and mouse, sure but too much clutter/money. iPhone app that operates as trackpad and pull-up keyboard, got it already but a little too small. I want to know if I could 'pair' my MacBook keyboard and trackpad with the MacMini over the network.

Sure, just use screen sharing.

Cool! Will be running Leopard on both and I have never done this. Sounds easy enough. Can you elaborate?

Yeah, all you have to do is enable screen sharing via the Sharing panel of system preferences, then, use the MacBook to log into the mac mini in the Finder, and hit the screen share button, you authenticate, and you get the screen of the mini your MacBook and you can use the keyboard and mouse.

Thanks! Can't wait to try it out.

I tried this to sync multiple mac mini / iPad / Phone via Bluetooth, it will work without network connectivity too.

http://mac.eltima.com/bluetooth-keyboard...

Brady Cabe will be eternally grateful.