The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Air features fifth generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, resulting in slightly increased performance and battery life.

Replacement battery not being recognized

Hello! I recently replaced the battery on my Early 2015 Macbook air 13" and I'm not able to get the laptop to recognize the battery. It won't stay on without the power cord, and the battery status won't show up on the menu bar. I tried resetting the SMC - holding shift, control, alt and power button for 10sec - and that has not seemed to resolve the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Comments:

What is the color of the MagSafe charger LED? Amber or Green or not lit

It starts as green and then goes to amber

@johnvinson91 - Good! Now let it sit for at least eight hours ten would be even better the LED should be Green.

Then give it a fresh try.

2 Comments:

I've let it continue to charge for 12+ hours a couple times already. It continues to stay amber colored and will turn off without the charging cord. Thank you for your help trying to figure this out!

@johnvinson91 - OK, let’s install this gem of an App! CoconutBattery take a snapshot of the app main window with the battery info tab opened up. Post it here so we can see it to.

johnvinson91 will be eternally grateful.